IBM Cognos BI Administration (V10.2.2)
This course provides training to new administrators on the fundamental tasks of installing and configuring IBM Cognos BI, and administering servers and content in the environment. In the course, you will install and configure the IBM Cognos BI software, implement security, and manage the server components. You will also monitor and schedule tasks, create data sources, manage and deploy content in IBM Cognos Connection and IBM Cognos Administration.
- » This intermediate course is intended for Administrators.
Back to Top
- » Introduction to IBM Cognos BI Administration
- » Identify IBM Cognos BI Architecture
- » Secure the IBM cognos BI Environment
- » Administer the IBM Cognos BI Server Environment
- » Manage Run Activities
- » Manage Content in IBM Cognos Administration
- » Additional Configuration and Customization
- » Overview of IBM Cognos BI (Optional)
- » IBM Cognos BI for Consumers (Optional)
- » Drill Through Definitions (Optional)
- » End-to-end Workshop (Optional)
Back to Top
- Introduction to IBM Cognos BI Administration
- Describe the role of the Administrator in relation to the IBM Cognos BI administration workflow process.
- Describe the role of IBM Cognos Administration and IBM Cognos Configuration user interface components
- Identify IBM Cognos BI Architecture
- Identify features of the IBM Cognos BI architecture
- Examine Cognos BI servlets and services
- Identify an example of Cognos BI request processing
- Performance planning and installation options and configurations
- Examine the Cognos Application Firewall
- Perform a distributed installation and configuration of IBM Cognos BI
- Secure the IBM Cognos BI Environment
- Identify the IBM Cognos BI security model
- Define authentication and authorization in IBM Cognos BI.
- Identify security policies
- Secure administrative capabilities (access to functionality)
- Specify security settings after installation.
- Implement security in IBM Cognos Framework Manager and IBM Cognos Transformer
- Administer the IBM Cognos BI Server Environment
- Overview of administrative tasks that can be performed in IBM Cognos Administration
- Monitor system metrics
- Manage dispatchers and services
- Tune server performance
- Audit IBM Cognos BI
- Identify issues while troubleshooting the server environment
- Formulate the IBM Cognos BI backup strategy
- Manage Run Activities
- Manage current, past, and upcoming run activities
- Manage schedules
- Manage Content in IBM Cognos Administration
- Add and manage a data source
- Distribute data and create a distribution list and contacts
- Deploy IBM Cognos BI content
- Maintain the IBM Cognos BI content store
- Customize the appearance of IBM Cognos BI
- Drill-Through Definitions
- Enable users to navigate to related data in IBM Cognos BI
- Parameter-driven drill through vs. dynamic drill through
- Steps to enable drill-through access for a package
- Limit the items that users can drill through from (set scope)
- Set a measure as the scope
- Drill Through Assistant
- Additional Configuration and Customization of the Environment
- Manage user profiles
- Add objects to the toolbox tab
- Create a custom template option
- Manage packages in IBM Cognos Connection
- End-to-End Workshop
- Create roles
- Add members and define access permissions
- Set capabilities
- Create folders
- Define access to entries
- Create an export
- Create an import
- IBM Cognos Map Manager (Optional)
- Overview of IBM Cognos BI (Optional)
- IBM Cognos BI for Consumers (Optional)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top