Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 2: Advanced v9.x (ACUCW2)
This hands-on, exclusive course builds on the foundation provided by Administering Cisco Unified Communications Workspace Part 1: Basic (ACUCW1) and focuses on advanced administration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) v8 and v9. In this course, you will learn to build the UC infrastructure, including deploying a variable-length on-net dial plan that supports multiple sites with overlapping extensions.
After learning how to configure the system, you'll discover how the v8 and v9 features (local route groups and global transformations in particular) can simplify the dial plan and prepare for globalization. You will investigate deploying E.164 and explore the challenges that are presented by the North American Numbering Plan (NANP).
You will explore bandwidth management and call admission control tools used to manage calling in a network with multiple sites. You will learn about mobility features, including device mobility, extension mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach), that are used in networks with multiple sites. You will configure hunt lists and learn about Cisco licensing.
- » Administrators who need a more comprehensive understanding of the Cisco UC infrastructure
- » Administrators, engineers, network architects, and integrators with overall responsibility for Cisco UC networks
Back to Top
- » Advanced CUCM architecture and terminology
- » How the CUCM Service and Platform GUIs and CLI work
- » Activate, start, and stop CUCM services
- » Configure base CUCM components, such as date time groups, device pools, and Call Manager groups
- » Build a dial plan including route patterns, route lists, and route groups supporting both the NANP and dialing in Europe
- » Deploy line/device Class of Service using partitions and calling search spaces and translation patterns for call blocking
- » Use local route groups and global transformations to simplify your dial plan
- » Build a dial plan supporting multiple sites with overlapping extensions
- » Investigate globalization and the challenges of the NANP
- » Configure advanced Class of Service capabilities such as time of day routing, client matter codes, and forced access codes
- » Hunt lists and their configuration
- » Use bandwidth management and call admission control tools to control calls between sites
- » CUCM mobility features: extension mobility, device mobility, and unified mobility (single number reach)
- » Configure presence and BLF
- » Set up media resources to use for MOH and conferencing
- » Use Enterprise License Manager to manage licenses
Back to Top
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- Deployment and Redundancy Options
- Advanced Administration Options: CLI, OS, and Services
- Managing Services and Initial Configuration
- Configuring System Parameters
- Issues in Multisite Deployments
- CUCM Dial Plan and Calling Privileges
- Call Routing Components
- SIP Trunks
- Calling Privileges and Restrictions
- Digit Manipulation
- Gateway Selection and PSTN Access Features
- Local Route Groups and Global Transformations
- Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control
- Configuring Codec Use
- Implementing Call Admission Control
- Cisco Unified Presence
- CUCM Mobility
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Extension Mobility
- Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility: Single Number Reach
- Implementing Call Coverage
- Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing
- Understanding licensing
- Managing User Accounts in CUCM using LDAP
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top