Cisco ASR 5000 (PDSN & HA v12.2)
The Cisco ASR 5000 Comprehensive Four-Day Technical Training, PDSN&HA Version 12.2 instructor-led course provides detailed instruction on how to manage, monitor, configure, and administer the Cisco ASR 5000 to function as a packet data serving node (PDSN) and/or home agent (HA) in a Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) 2000 network environment. This course also provides supervised, hands-on training for performing basic diagnostics and troubleshooting of the PDSN and HA network functions.
- » Network engineering
- » Network consulting
- » Customer support
- » Field engineering
Back to Top
- » Use of the command line interface (CLI) to monitor mobile IP services
- » Context creation and management
- » File system management
- » Performing basic data service configuration for both simple IP and mobile IP network environments
- » Configuring and viewing system logging
- » Monitoring of the subscribers connection
- » Monitoring of protocols used in the subscribers connection
- » Viewing component LEDs using the CLI
- » Issuing CLI show commands to:
- » Verify configuration
- » Monitor system hardware and software status
- » Using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) alarms
Back to Top
- Day 1: Morning Session
- Registration (Refreshments and Introductions)
- Discussion: Course Objectives and Schedule
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with 3G on the ASR 5000
- Lesson 2: Introduction to the CLI
- Lesson 3: ASR 5000 Hardware Overview
- Day 1: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 4: ASR 5000 Software Overview
- Lesson 5: ASR 5500 Overview
- Day 2: Morning Session
- Review of Day One, Question and Answer Session
- Lesson 6: File System Management
- Lesson 7: Configuring Global System Parameters
- Lesson 8: Terminology
- Day 2: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 9: Mobile IP Session Setup
- Lesson 10: Configuration for Simple IP Support
- Lesson 11: Configuration for Mobile IP Support
- Day 3: Morning Session
- Review of Day Two, Question and Answer Session
- Lesson 11: Configuration for Mobile IP Support (continued)
- Lesson 12: IP Pool Management
- Day 3: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 13: Mobile IP Handoffs
- Lesson 14: IP Routing on the ASR 5000
- Lesson 15: Interchassis Session Recovery
- Day 4: Morning Session
- Lesson 16: Hardware Troubleshooting
- Lesson 17: Software Troubleshooting
- Lesson 18: Logging
- Lesson 19: Alarms and Traps
- Day 4: Afternoon Session
- Lesson 20: Troubleshooting Exercises
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Command Line Interface Familiarization
- Lab 2: Configuring PDSN Services
- Lab 3: Configuring Mobile IP Services
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top