Creating Responsive Projects with Captivate
This course builds upon the concepts covered in Captivate – Beyond the Essentials. In this course you will explore how to create responsive projects that adapt to fit any screen size, whether it be mobile, tablet or desktop. With mobile learning becoming a large percentage of eLearning, it is important to understand how to adapt your projects to this new environment.
You begin by exploring the responsive interface within Captivate. You then take a look at the HTML5 environment and its benefits and limitations. You move on to create custom breakpoints and adapt project content to accommodate these breakpoints. You will learn how to control themes, styles, and content for various screens sizes. You will learn the benefits of using smart positioning for content when building projects for multiple screen sizes. You will explore how to modify non-responsive content to adapt to a responsive design. Finally, learn how to take advantage of tools for testing responsive projects.
- » This course is for people who have been using Captivate and want to build responsive Captivate projects that automatically adapt to fit the screen size of the device whether it be mobile, tablet or desktop.
Back to Top
- » You will explore how to create responsive projects that adapt to fit any screen size, whether it be mobile, tablet or desktop.
- » You will learn how to control themes, styles, and content for various screens sizes.
- » You will learn the benefits of using smart positioning for content when building projects for multiple screen sizes.
Back to Top
- Working with Responsive Projects
- What is a responsive project?
- Responsive design overview
- HTML5 vs SWF Formats
- HTML5 incompatibility
- HTML5 limitations
- HTML5 compatibility issues
- Replacing incompatible content
- The HTML5 Tracker
- Sizing a Responsive Project
- Viewport sizes and screen sizes
- What is a breakpoint?
- Customize Breakpoints
- Planning for breakpoints
- Managing breakpoint layouts
- Adjusting styles for responsive projects
- Applying a responsive theme
- Customize theme colors
- Using master slides in responsive projects
- Ensuring text compatibility
- Creating responsive text
- Formatting text for different screen sizes
- Using pixel and percent positioning
- Use the Position Inspector
- Setting Relative Positioning
- Creating Responsive Designs
- Responsive project workflow
- Adding content in a responsive project
- Understanding the view hierarchy
- Excluding content from views
- Positioning Objects in a Responsive Project
- Sizing and positioning content in a responsive project
- Controlling objects
- What is smart positioning?
- Using smart positioning
- Smart positioning to other objects
- Linking objects
- Working with Responsive Content
- Making images responsive
- Adding video
- Replacing Non-Responsive Content
- What content should be replaced?
- Replacing content for responsive designs
- Converting to responsive content
- Advanced action replacements
- Working with shared actions
- Responsive Quizzes and simulations
- Creating responsive quizzes
- Responsive simulations
- Testing a Responsive Project
- HTML5 Tracker
- Previewing a responsive project
- Previewing methods
- Previewing and testing tools
- Testing in a browser
- Testing with Adobe Edge Inspect
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Adobe Certified Expert and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- A.A.S. in Commercial Art - Computer Graphics Specialization.
- Graphic Designer Specialist, including advanced photo retouching and color correction, masking, realistic photo collages, preparation of complex digital files for commercial output, digital illustration and complex vector graphics
Beata Bogaczewicz is a highly accomplished, results driven Graphic Designer and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), bringing over fourteen years of combined graphic design, creative production, technical training and project management experience. She is an Adobe Certified Expert with a multitude of Adobe certifications including Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert and Adobe Illustrator Certified Expert.
Her signature teaching style involves breaking down complex topics to their core basics so they are easily and comfortably understood by each learner. She not only explains how features work but also why and when they should be used to gain the best results. Her hands on approach makes memorizing effortless while promoting creative thinking.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top