Configuring Data Center Unified Computing v3.0 - DCUCS
The Configuring Data Center Unified Computing course is a 5-day product training course designed to familiarize data center engineers, architects and Cisco partners with the Cisco UCS B-series and C-series products.
This course prepares individuals for implementing and maintaining Cisco UCS hardware with a strong emphasis on best practices. The Configuring Data Center Unified Computing course also addresses relevant additional features added by Version 2.1 Cisco UCS Software Release.
- » Overall this course is primarily aimed at customer network engineers and administrators whose interest is focused around configuration of product features. Server administrators working with hypervisor networking are also target audiences for this course.
- » The primary audience includes data center engineers, data center administrators, and system engineers.
- » The secondary audience includes data center managers, network engineers, and consulting system engineers.
- » The tertiary audience includes data center architects, network managers, and program and project managers.
Back to Top
- » Describe the Cisco UCS architecture
- » Describe Cisco UCS LAN connectivity configuration
- » Describe Cisco UCS B-Series SAN connectivity configuration
- » Describe how to configure and manage the servers within Cisco UCS
- » Describe how to configure Cisco UCS virtualization
- » Describe how to configure Cisco UCS administration
- » Describe Cisco UCS C-Series features
Back to Top
- Cisco UCS Architecture
- Describing Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server Hardware Components
- Describing Cisco UCS User Interfaces
- Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Physical Connectivity and High Availability
- Using RBAC and Organizations
- Cisco UCS LAN Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node LAN Connectivity
- Configuring LAN Identity and Resource Pools
- Configuring Compute Node LAN Policies
- Cisco UCS SAN Connectivity
- Configuring Compute Node SAN Connectivity
- Configuring Advanced Compute Node SAN Connectivity
- Configuring SAN Identity and Resource Pools
- Configuring Cisco UCS B-Series Servers
- Configuring Server Identity and Resource Pools
- Configuring Server Policies
- Configuring Templates and Service Profiles
- Managing Service Profiles
- Configuring Logical Service Profiles that Boot from iSCSI
- Configuring Cisco UCS Virtualization
- Configuring Cisco UCS VM-FEX
- Configuring Cisco UCS SR-IOV
- Configuring Cisco UCS VM-FEX Integration for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Configuring the Cisco UCS VM-FEX for KVM SR-IOV
- Cisco UCS Administration
- Backing Up and Restoring the Cisco UCS Manager Database
- Managing and Upgrading Cisco UCS B-Series Firmware
- Using Cisco UCS Management Tools
- Cisco UCS C-Series Features
- Describing Cisco UCS C-Series Servers
- Describing Cisco USC C-Series Server Connectivity Options
- Using Cisco UCS C-Series IMC Discovery
- Upgrading Cisco UCS C-Series Firmware
- Lab 1: Intro with Addressing Sheet
- Lab 2: Initial Cisco C-Series Configuration
- Lab 3: Explore the Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Lab 4: Explore System Related Policies and Uplink Port Properties
- Lab 5: Configure LAN Related Pools and Policies
- Lab 6: Explore SAN Connectivity
- Lab 7: Configure SAN Identity Pools and Templates
- Lab 8: Configure Server Related Features and Renaming a Service Profile
- Lab 9: Configure a Service Profile that Boots from iSCSI LUN
- Lab 10: Configuring VM-FEX and PTS
- Lab 11: Configuring RBAC
- Lab 12: Back up and Import Cisco UCS Manager Configuration Data
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top