IBM Storwize V7000 Implementation Workshop
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It exploits both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogeneous storage to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. It also explains how to:
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using thin provisioning and Real-time Compression
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid-state drive (SSD) usage with Easy Tier
- Address backup recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives with FlashCopy technology
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from a non-virtualized to a virtualized environment
- Scale-out with a clustered Storwize V7000 system for capacity, throughput, and greater management efficiency
- » This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
Back to Top
- » Set up and configure the Storwize V7000
- » Install and cable expansion enclosures
- » Create RAID arrays using internal Storwize V7000 storage and manage drive use attributes
- » Define and manage storage pools using internal Storwize V7000 storage as well as SAN attached external storage
- » Update zoning policies to enable the Storwize V7000 to access SAN attached external storage and provision storage to host servers
- » Utilize Storwize V7000 management interfaces to support the networked storage environment, assign storage to servers, migrate data, replicate data across attaching storage systems, and monitor storage access activities
- » Take advantage of storage efficiency solutions including thin provisioning, volume mirroring, Real-time Compression, and Easy Tier
- » Migrate existing data to the virtualized Storwize V7000 environment
- » Implement point-in-time copies across internal and external storage using FlashCopy GUI presets
- » Utilize Easy Tier to optimize the usage of solid-state drives (SSDs)
Back to Top
- Day 1
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Storwize V7000
- Unit 2: Enclosures and RAID arrays
- Lab 1: Storwize V7000 System initial configuration through Service Assistant
- Lab 2: Storwize V7000 System and GUI/CLI access setup
- Lab 3: Physical storage: Internal
- Lab 4: Physical storage: External
- Lab 5: Storage pools: External
- Lab 6: Create host objects and volumes
- Day 2
- Unit 3: Fabric zoning, iSCSI, and clustered Storwize V7000
- Unit 4: Thin provisioning, volume mirroring, and Real-time Compression Lab 7: Access storage from Windows and AIX
- Lab 8: Hybrid pools and Easy Tier
- Lab 9: Access Storwize V7000 through iSCSI host
- Lab 10: Volume dependencies and tier migration
- Day 3
- Unit 5: Data migration facilities
- Unit 6: Copy services: FlashCopy and Remote Copy
- Lab 11: Internal storage: RAID options
- Lab 12: Thin provisioning and volume mirroring
- Lab 13: Real-time Compression
- Day 4
- Unit 7: Easy Tier
- Unit 8: Managing the IBM Storwize V7000
- Lab 14: Data migration Import Wizard
- Lab 15: FlashCopy and consistency groups
- Lab 16: Easy Tier and STAT analysis
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top