IBM Cognos TM1: Analyze and Share Data (V10.2)
IBM Cognos TM1: Analyze and Share Data (V10.2) is a three-day, instructor-led course designed to teach analysts how to use TM1 to analyze data to discover trends and exceptions, create and customize reports and templates, and contribute to plans. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, participants will learn how to create analyses and enter data in Microsoft Excel and on the Web, create custom views of the data, and build reports and forms in Microsoft Excel that communicate with TM1.
- » This intermediate course is for Analysts.
Back to Top
- » Examine TM1 Components
- » Customize Cube Views in IBM Cognos TM1
- » Enter and Spread Data
- » Analyze Data using IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel
- » Analyze Data using IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives
- » Create Dynamic Reports with Active Forms
- » Contribute to Plans using TM1 Applications
- » Analyze and Enter Data in IBM Cognos Insight
- » Explore Data and Edit Subsets in TM1 Web
Back to Top
- Examine TM1 Components
- Review performance management
- Understand how TM1 enables performance management
- Identify the TM1 user community
- Describe the components of TM1
- Customize Cube Views in IBM Cognos TM1
- Understand the solution a model represents
- View cube data from difference perspectives
- Use aliases to display alternate element names
- Filter subsets to view only specific elements
- Differentiate between static and dynamic subsets
- Add user-defined consolidations in subsets
- Enter and Spread Data
- Edit individual cells
- Store private data in sandboxes
- Spread data to multiple cells at once
- Exclude cells from being adjusted
- Enter data quickly using shortcuts
- Analyze Data using IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel
- Connect to TM1 from within Microsoft Excel
- Explore and analyze a TM1 cube
- Build complex reports showing multiple cubes and views
- Change data and commit it back to TM1
- Analyze Data using IBM Cognos TM1 Perspectives
- Use slices and snapshots to export TM1 data to Microsoft Excel
- Retrieve and send data to TM1 using TM1 worksheet functions
- Create reports in Microsoft Excel and PDF formats
- Create Dynamic Reports with Active Forms
- Create interactive reports and data input templates using Active Forms
- Customize Active Forms using TM1 Functions
- Apply formatting to Active Forms
- Add Action buttons to enhance functionality
- Contribute to Plans using TM1 Applications
- Explain the different application types and connection modes
- Identify application user roles and workflow states
- Enter data using shortcuts and spreading
- Submit and reject data
- Populate an application with external data by using IBM Cognos Insight
- Analyze and Enter Data in IBM Cognos Insight
- Describe the uses of IBM Cognos Insight
- Import data into a workspace
- Explore and restructure data
- Add calculations and highlight exceptions
- Design a compelling workspace
- Explore Data and Edit Subsets in TM1 Web
- Work with a TM1 cube view on the Web
- Build simple and complex subsets in TM1 Web
- Organize and Distribute Content (Optional)
- Workshop (Optional)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top