IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V10.1)
IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V10.1) is an intermediate 5-day instructor course. This offering will teach modelers how to build a complete model in TM1. Through a series of lectures and hands-on exercises, you will learn how to model, link and deploy TM1 applications.
- Overview of IBM Cognos TM1
- Explore IBM Cognos TM1 applications
- Explore the IBM Cognos TM1 environment
- Manage and organize a model
- Identify Common Data Structures
- Discuss Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Examine core model design principles
- Identify the basic tasks required to create a TM1 model and deploy it
- Import Data to Create Objects
- Discuss guided import
- Import data to create a dimension
- Import data to create and populate a cube
- Create and Customize Dimensions
- Create dimensions manually
- Import and edit dimensions
- Create dimension calculations
- Create and Customize Cubes
- Construct a new cube
- Discuss cube properties
- Edit a cube structure
- Import Data
- Create processes to load data
- Create a process to delete data in a cube
- Create processes to update and maintain the model
- Share Data Across Cubes with Links
- Discuss and list types of links
- Create and modify links
- Review rule and process based links
- Customize Business Rules
- Discuss a rule
- Review automatically generated rules
- Discuss and re-order rule blocks
- Optimize Rule Performance
- Discuss consolidations and sparsity
- Enhance consolidation performance
- Modify automatically generated statements
- Complete the Income Statement Model
- Discuss the model development process
- Complete objects for the model
- Review tools to aid in model development
- Create Applications
- Explain the application types
- Access an IBM Cognos TM1 application
- Create a new application
- Use Advanced Modeling Techniques
- Use dimension functions
- Implement moving balances in a cube
- Model Data with IBM Cognos TM1 Architect
- Define drill-thru
- Use Rules Tracer
- Convert Currencies
- Discuss currency challenges
- Model data for currency conversion
- Contribute Data to Planning Applications (Optional)
- Integrate with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence (Optional)
- Optimize and Tune Models (Optional)
- Define Workflow (Optional)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top