Introducing Python and Web Services Programmability for Network Engineers v3.0 - IPWSP-NE
Introducing Python and Web Services Protocols for Network Engineers 3.0 is a course that focuses on the interoperability of Python programming with Networking to prepare the Next Generation Engineers for Software Defined Networking. This class is designed for Network Engineers and Administrators looking to add necessary programming skills in preparation for various ACI and SDN technologies as well as interacting with WEB Services on appliances such as the F5, A10, and Cisco UCS. The course has been modified to emphasize the skillset of data extraction for interacting with BIG DATA platforms.
- » Network Administrators
- » Network Engineers
- » Network Operations Technicians
- » Students interested in learning about programming
Back to Top
- » Understand and describe basic and advanced Python terminologies
- » Identify Python script errors and correct
- » Query and reconfigure networking devices using Python scripts
- » Introduction to RESTful API utilizing JSON and XML
- » Apply Web Services Protocols to Multivendor Platforms (The CSR 1000v is used as the platform for demonstration)
Back to Top
- Basic Constructs
- Describe and execute strings
- Describe and execute printing
- Describe and execute variables
- Describe and execute built in methods
- Describe and execute input from users
- Describe Boolean
- Advanced Constructs
- Describe and execute redundant scripts
- Describe and execute functions
- Describe and execute classes
- Scaling Python
- Describe and execute Reading Files scripts
- Describe and execute Writing to File scripts
- Describe and execute Reading and Writing to Spreadsheets
- Describe Reading and Writing to Databases
- Describe and execute substituting strings and integers
- Describe and execute while loops
- Describe and execute for loops and lists
- Describe and execute slicing
- Updating and edit a list
- Error checking
- Dictionaries and Regular Expressions
- Describe and execute dictionaries
- Delete dictionaries
- Describe and execute dictionaries with lists
- Describe and execute Regular expressions (match, search, findall, sub)
- Introduction to Web Services Protocols
- Describe the common Web Services Protocols and Transport methods
- Describe The Management Information Tree view of accessing objects
- Describe Object naming conventions
- Describe what an encoded document is in relation to plain text.
- XML and JSON
- Describe basic XML concepts
- Describe the format of an XML document
- Describe basic JSON concepts
- Describe the format of a JSON document
- Data Models
- Describe the generic parts of an XML Schema
- Describe the flow of how an XML Schema is used
- Modifying the Schema
- Use CURL to post and retrieve data from a schema
- Use POSTMAN to post and retrieve data from a schema
- Use Python with a native API to an appliance
- Use Python without a native API to an appliance
- Data Extraction and Manipulation
- Load and parse a JSON Document
- Load and Parse an XML Document
- The Basic Script
- Introduction to the SSH Script
- Scaling SSH Script-1
- Scaling SSH Script-2
- Efficiency of Functions
- Reading and Writing to Files-1
- Reading and Writing to Files-2
- Advanced SSH Script
- Working with Regular Expressions
- Pinger Detector
- VLAN Checker
- Final Mentored Lab
- Python with Web Services
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top