Implementing Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers v1.0 - (SWISE)
The Implementing Cisco Identity Services Engine for Wireless Engineers (SWISE) version 1.0 course is a 2-day Instructor-led Training course. Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) combined with the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller (WLC), access point (AP), and end devices provide the comprehensive Cisco ISE deployment capabilities and solution into one system. This training course will enable Cisco end customers and authorized Cisco System Engineers (SEs) to understand the concepts, architecture, and use cases that are related to the Cisco ISE. This course will also prepare learners to implement basic Cisco ISE solutions. The focus is to ensure that students can implement the core features of Cisco ISE that most implementations require. Students should already be familiar with basic Cisco WLC and AP configuration.
- » The primary audience for this course is Wireless SEs
- » The secondary audience for this course is SEs who work in security and manage corporate security policies
Back to Top
- » Preferred Advanced Wireless specialized partner or Gold partner
- » Knowledge of basic 802.1X (It is recommended that the student take the free 802.1X E-learning on PEC before attending this training.)
- » Basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP
- » CCNA-level route and switch knowledge
Back to Top
- » Describe the business drivers, architecture, components, and scalability factors related to typical Cisco ISE deployment
- » Provision secure network access by configuring AAA services and common CoA options
- » Configure profiling processes, components, options, and best practices
- » Provision a guest user access solution and the different options that are available
- » Describe and implement a BYOD solution, with a focus on configuring BYOD using a single SSID
- » Integrate Cisco ISE with a partner MDM solution
- » Use Cisco ISE tools to gather useful information related to historical trending and to troubleshoot
Back to Top
- Introducing Cisco ISE
- Describe the issues that corporations face in supporting new paradigms of network access and how Cisco ISE can ease these pressures and help resolve these issues
- Describe the Cisco ISE architecture and components
- Describe the different Cisco ISE nodes and personas
- Describe and compare the products that are used to run Cisco ISE
- Describe the different Cisco ISE deployment options
- Explain the Cisco ISE licensing options and considerations
- Provisioning Secure Access
- Describe authentication services that are available to Cisco ISE
- Describe the process that Cisco ISE uses to validate credentials from different identity sources
- Configure authentication identity sources and policies
- Describe Cisco ISE authorization policies and their components
- Configure authorization components and policies
- Define and understand CoA and review common permission elements, including dACLs, named ACLs, VLANs, and SGT
- Configuring Profiling
- Describe the functions and purpose of profiling on the Cisco ISE platform
- List the profiler probes and discuss the attributes that are associated with these probes
- Describe and configure profiler policies
- Configure profiling on the Cisco ISE platform
- Verify profiling operation on the Cisco ISE platform
- List the best practices for configuring profiling on the Cisco ISE platform
- Providing Guest Access
- Describe the concept of guest web access
- Configure the components of a CWA-based guest access solution including redirection for both wired and wireless access
- Describe guest accounts, roles, and data stores
- Define the functionality that is provided by the Cisco ISE portals that are used for guest access
- Configure support for guest reporting
- Discuss best practices as relates to Cisco ISE guest services
- Implementing BYOD
- Define BYOD, explain the advantages of a Cisco BYOD solution, and describe BYOD components
- Describe common BYOD use cases and explain how they apply to various corporate security policy needs
- Describe BYOD deployment and configuration options authorization policy for BYOD deployments
- Exploring MDM Integration
- Define the MDM integration process in Cisco ISE and add an MDM Server
- Define MDM supported attributes
- Examine an MDM configuration
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco ISE Security Solutions
- Use the Cisco ISE dashboard
- Navigate Cisco ISE alarm and logging features to assist in diagnosing problems
- Use the Live Authentications log feature of Cisco ISE
- Use the Global Search and Session Trace features of Cisco ISE
- Use the TCP Dump feature of Cisco ISE
- Use the Evaluate Configuration Validator tool
- Basic Authentication and Authorization
- Configuring and Validating Cisco ISE Profiling
- Configuring Cisco ISE Guest Services
- BYOD On-Boarding using a Single SSID
- Testing On-Boarding
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco ISE (Optional)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top