Crystal Reports 2013: Level 1
Organizations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customized reports. Crystal Reports 2013 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a variety of features that add value to a presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying the report's presentation.
Information is critical to making sound business decisions. Data presented without any formatting or structure holds little or no meaning for interpretation. Crystal Reports 2013 helps you build advanced reports with ease, presenting complex information in an understandable way.
- » This course is designed for people who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, or tools that are not accessible. Learners may or may not have programming or SQL experience.
Back to Top
- » Before taking this course, learners should be familiar with basic computer functions, such as creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files in Microsoft Windows
- » In addition, learners should have taken the Microsoft Office Access 2013: Level 1 course or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts.
Back to Top
- » Identify the elements of the Crystal Reports interface
- » Create and modify a basic report
- » Use formulas to calculate and filter data
- » Build a parameterized report
- » Group report data
- » Enhance a report
- » Create a report using data from an Excel workbook
- » Distribute data
Back to Top
- Exploring the Crystal Reports Interface
- Explore Crystal Reports
- Use Crystal Reports Help
- Customize Report Settings
- Working with Reports
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
- Using Formulas in Reports
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data by Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
- Building Parameterized Reports
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
- Grouping Report Data
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group by Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterized Top N Report
- Enhancing a Report
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
- Creating a Report from Excel Data
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
- Distributing Data
- Export Data
- Create Mailing Labels
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Back to Top