80306A: Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This three-day instructor-led course, Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, introduces advanced Trade & Logistics functionality. This course builds on information provided in the Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 course.
- » This course is intended for customers and partners that want to learn more advanced features and functions offered in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Trade and Distribution feature areas. The course is targeted toward sales and purchase managers, salespeople, purchasers, and other users in organizations that are responsible for the setup and administration of trade and logistics, inventory management, and quarantine management functionality
Back to Top
- » Allow for over/under delivery of goods
- » Assign charges.
- » Set up and manage quarantine management functionality.
- » Recognize the pick process.
- » Register serialized and batch inventory.
- » Reverse and split a pick.
- » Edit Item dimensions during picking.
- » Create Vendor returns, Return actions, and Manage Customer returns.
- » Manually reserve inventory.
- » Set up automatic and explosion inventory reservation.
- » Query, cancel, or change a reservation.
- » Set up, activate, and modify Customer and Vendor trade agreements.
- » Understand Customer and Vendor Price/Discount groups.
- » Set up and use Supplementary items.
- » Work with sales quotations.
- » Define various sales quotation functions.
- » Set up transfer orders.
- » Create a transfer order.
- » Pick items before transfer between warehouses.
- » Transfer items between warehouses.
- » Set up the elements of a commission agreement.
- » View commission transactions from a financially updated sales order.
- » Understand the ABC Inventory Classification System.
- » Understand how to use the Physical inventory by inventory dimension report.
- » Understand how to use reports in forecasting sales and purchase expectations
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview
- This module provides an overview of the content of the Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 course
- Distribution and Trade
- Module 2: Over/Under Delivery and Charges
- This module examines how to handle differences between ordered and received or delivered quantities in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. Also, it discusses how to handle charges in Sales and Purchase orders that include how to allocate charges to items and how to include landed costs in an item's total cost.
- Over/Under Delivery
- Price Charges
- Charges Codes
- Manual Charges
- Automatic Charges
- Lab: Use Over/Under Delivery with Purchase Orders
- Lab: Use Under Delivery with Sales
- Lab: Create a Charges Code
- Lab: Manual Setup of Charges
- Lab: Create a Customer Charges Group
- Lab: Set Up Automatic Charges
- Module 3: Customer and Vendor Agreements
- This module discusses Customer and Vendor Agreements that are fixed price agreements that are entered into with one or more customers or vendors for the sale of individual or multiple items. It also covers Supplementary Items that are complimentary or supplementary items sold to a customer or customer group, or sold with an item or item group.
- Activate Trade Agreements
- Set Up Trade Agreements
- Trade Agreements Parameters
- Supplementary Items
- Purchase and Sales Agreements
- Lab: Customer Trade Agreement Setup
- Lab: Set Up Smart Rounding
- Lab: Using Smart Rounding
- Lab: Supplementary Items
- Lab: Sales Agreements
- Module 4: Item Arrival Registration
- Item Registration Setup
- Item Arrival
- Lab: Manage an Item Arrival
- Module 5: Quarantine Management
- This module examines how Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 uses Quarantine orders. Items can be set aside to await either manual or automatic approval, depending on setup. The item may be in quarantine for a certain period, for example, for quantity control purposes. Quarantine management is part of the Microsoft Dynamics AX Inventory management chapter
- Quarantine Warehouse Setup Parameters
- Quarantine Item Management
- Inventory Transactions on Quarantine Items
- Lab: Create Quarantine Inventory
- Lab: Purchase to Quarantine Inventory
- Module 6: Vendor Returns
- This module discusses how to return a product to a vendor. You will learn how to handle the returns with and without serial and batch numbers attached.
- Create Vendor Returns
- Create Vendor Returns for Serialized Items
- Lab: Working with Vendor Returns
- Lab: Complete a Vendor Return Using Returned Order Type
- Module 7: Sales Quotations
- This module explains how to set up, maintain, and process quotations. The trade and logistics functionality allows for sales personnel to issue quotations, track the progress of quotations, and follow-up on won or lost quotations. Various quotation functions are also explained
- Sales Quotation Setup
- Working with Quotations
- Additional Sales Quotation Features
- Lab: Create a Quotation and Convert it to a Sales Order
- Lab: Create a Quotation Template
- Lab: Mass Create Quotations
- Module 8: Item Reservations
- This module is designed to explain the Reservations functionality in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Why Perform Reservations and What You Can Reserve?
- Manual Reservations
- Automatic Reservations
- Automatic Reservations and Selection of Batch
- Explosion Reservations
- View Reservations
- Lock Reservations
- Cancel Reservations
- Batch Reservation
- Picking Reserved Items
- Lab: Manual Reservation
- Lab: Automatic Reservation
- Module 9: Sales Order Picking
- This module introduces the sales picking process
- Enable Sales Order Picking and Setup
- Release Sales Order Picking
- Automatic Registration of a Pick
- Manual Registration of a Pick
- Item Pick Registration of a Serial and Batch Inventory
- Edit, Reverse and Split a Pick
- Lab: Item Pick Registration of Serialized Inventory
- Lab: Edit, Reverse, and Split a Pick
- Module 10: Customer Returns
- This module discusses how to accept and handle a product return from a customer. You will learn how to process the returns through the Return order, Arrival overview, Quarantine order, and Sales order forms.
- Set up Customer Returns
- Create a Return Order
- Item Arrival and Receipt Registration
- Quarantine Orders
- Replacement Orders
- Lab: Create a Return Order
- Lab: Process a Return Order
- Lab: Generate the Packing Slip and Invoice for a Return Order
- Module 11: Commissions
- This module introduces the steps that are required to set up sales commissions for salespeople. It also covers how to inquire on the calculated commissions from posted sales transactions.
- Set Up a Commission
- View Commission Transactions
- Commission Transactions For Return Items
- Lab: Commission Calculations
- Lab: Commission Transactions
- Module 12: Transfer Orders
- In this module, students gain an understanding of the Transfer orders form. This is a process-oriented method to deal with transfer orders between warehouses within the same company.
- Set Up of Transfer Orders
- Using the Transfer order Form
- Picking Items For a Transfer Order
- Shipping and Receiving a Transfer Order
- Lab: Create a Transfer Order
- Lab: Pick, Ship and Receive a Transfer Order
- Module 13: Reports
- This module introduces how the ABC Inventory classification system is used in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. It also discusses how to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reports to help in forecasting sales and purchase expectations.
- ABC Inventory Classification
- Inventory Reports
- Forecasting Reports
- Lab: Run an ABC Classification Report
- Lab: Reports
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top