Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches v1.0 - DCMDS (Associate)
Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v1.0 is a five-day lecture and lab course that provides students with fundamental skills in configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series switches. Course topics include setting up the switch, configuring interfaces, virtual SANs (VSANs), domains, zones, PortChannels, management security, and Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) tunnels.
- » Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel
- » Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
Back to Top
- » Identify the components, services, and features of the Cisco MDS 9000 Series switch platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN
- » Describe how to install and configure the Cisco MDS 9000 switch and perform the initial software configuration process
- » Explain how to implement the logical topology that is specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified
- » Describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the Cisco MDS 9000 switches in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN
- » Describe how to configure Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), modules on Cisco MDS 9500 Series switches
- » Explain how to implement security so that management access is secure, and that only trusted devices are allowed to connect to the fabric
- » Describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension solutions
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platform
- Topic 1A: Introducing the Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switch Platform
- Topic 1B: Implementing Integrated Management
- Lesson 2: System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Topic 2A: Performing the Initial Switch Configuration
- Topic 2B: Installing and Licensing Cisco NX-OS Software
- Lesson 3: Building a SAN Fabric
- Topic 3A: Configuring Interfaces
- Topic 3B: Using FLOGI and FCNS Databases
- Topic 3C: Configuring VSANs
- Topic 3D: Managing Domains
- Topic 3E: Configuring Cisco NPV and NPIVTopic 3F: Configuring PortChannels
- Topic 3G: Configuring Distributed Device Aliases
- Topic 3H: Implementing Zoning
- Lesson 4: Intelligent SAN Fabric Services
- Topic 4A: Implementing Cisco MDS Data MobilityManager
- Topic 4B: Implementing Cisco SANTap
- Topic 4C: Monitoring Traffic Flow
- Lesson 5: Fibre Channel over Ethernet Implementation
- Topic 5A: Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Topic 5B: Configuring Multihop FCoE on the MDS 9500
- Lesson 6: Security Implementation
- Topic 6A: Improving Management Security
- Topic 6B: Configuring AAA Services
- Topic 6C: Implementing Port and Fabric Security
- Topic 6D: Configuring FC-SP
- Lesson 7: Implementing Link Encryption
- Lesson 8: Implementing Cisco Storage Media Encryption
- Lesson 9: FCIP Implementation
- Topic 9A: Creating an FCIP Tunnel
- Topic 9B: Configuring FCIP High Availability
- Topic 9C: Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
- Topic 9D: Tuning FCIP Performance
- Lab 2-1: Initial Setup
- Lab 2-2: Upgrading Switch Software
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Interfaces
- Lab 3-2: Creating VSANs
- Lab 3-3: Configuring Cisco NPV and NPIV
- Lab 3-4: Configuring PortChannels
- Lab 3-5: Distributing DDAS with Cisco Fabric Services
- Lab 3-6: Configuring Zones
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Cisco DMM
- Lab 4-2: Using SPAN and the PAA-2
- Lab 6-1: Configuring AAA Services
- Lab 6-2: Implementing Port and Fabric Security
- Lab 6-3: Configuring Cisco Storage Media Encryption
- Lab 7-1: Implementing an FCIP Tunnel
- Lab 7-2: Configuring FCIP High Availability
- Lab 7-3: Implementing IVR for SAN Extension
- Lab 7-4: Tuning FCIP Performance
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top