Symmetrix Mainframe Business Continuity Management
Get hands-on experience using EMC's Local Replication tools in a z/OS environment in this specialization-level course. You will gain thorough knowledge of TimeFinder/Mirror Base, TimeFinder/Mirror Mainframe Snap Facility, TimeFinder/Mirror Utility, and business continuity considerations/practical applications. In addition, this course provides you with a thorough exposure to EMC's Remote Replication solutions in a z/OS environment.
The course includes discussion and implementation labs regarding SRDF/S, SRDF/CG, SRDF/AR, and business continuity considerations/practical applications. You will view presentations and perform labs dealing with SRDF/A features such as Transmit Idle, Delta Set Extension, Write Pacing, and Automated Recovery, and you will learn about cascaded SRDF and moving RDF devices between SRDF groups. You will also learn about newer features dealing with SRDF/EDP (Extended Distance Protection), Composite Command actions, CEXMPT, and using R22 devices are also addressed.
- » Those who will:
- » Manage and administer Symmetrix-based local and/or remote data replication using the TimeFinder and/or SRDF suite of products in z/OS environments
- » Architect and position mainframe business continuity customer solutions using TimeFinder and/or SRDF applications
Back to Top
- » TimeFinder management operations, including TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder Snap/Clone Facility, and TimeFinder Utility
- » Important host considerations for successful implementations of local and replication solutions using TimeFinder and SRDF in z/OS environments
- » SRDF configuration, management, and recovery operations for the SRDF/S and SRDF/A base products and the add-on products SRDF/CG and SRDF/AR
- » Advanced SRDF/A features of Transmit Idle, Delta Set Extension, Write Pacing, and Automated Recovery
- » Aarchitecture and operations of Cascaded SRDF as well as SRDF/EDP
Back to Top
- Introduction to Business Continuity
- Introduction to TimeFinder Clone and Snap Capabilities
- TimeFinder Clone Capabilities
- TimeFinder Snap Capabilities
- Common TimeFinder Clone and Snap Features
- TimeFinder Utility
- Introduction to Remote Replication Solutions
- SRDF/S (Synchronous)
- SRDF/CG (Consistency Groups)
- SRDF/AR (Automated Replication)
- SRDF/A (Asynchronous)
- SRDF/A with MSC (Multi-Session Consistency)
- Cascade and Concurrent SRDF
- MOVEPAIR (Moving SRDF pairs)
- Lab 1: Using TimeFinder/Mirror Base
- Lab 2: Using TimeFinder/Mirror Mainframe SNAP Facility for TF/CLONES
- Lab 3: Using TimeFinder/Mirror Mainframe SNAP Facility for TF/SNAPS
- Lab 4: Using TimeFinder/Mirror Utility
- Lab 5: SRDF Host Component Basic Operations
- Lab 6: SRDF/S Disaster Recovery Operations
- Lab 7: SRDF/CG Operations
- Lab 8: SRDF/AR Single-Hop Initialization.
- Lab 9: SRDF/AR Single Hop Process.
- Lab 10: SRD/A Single Session Operations
- Lab 11: SRDF/A with MSC
- Lab 12: SRDF/A with Transmit Idle
- Lab 13: SRDF/A with Delta Set Extension
- Lab 14: SRDF/A with Write Pacing
- Lab 15: SRDF/A with Automated Recovery
- Lab 16: SRDF Cascaded Replication
- Lab 17: MOVEPAIR
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top