Aggregation Services Router Series Essentials ASR9K - ASR 9000
This instructor-led course introduces you to the features and functions of the Cisco ASR 9000 Series platforms. Through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs, you will gain an understanding of all major aspects of the platform, including hardware; software; Layer 2 and Layer 3 services; Layer 2 and Layer 3 multicast; operations, administration, and management (OAM); and quality of service (QoS) features.
- » This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy Cisco ASR 9000 Series routers in their network environment. The primary audience for this course includes: System engineers, Technical support personnel, Channel partners, resellers
Back to Top
- » Basic knowledge of router installation and some experience with installation tools
- » Routing protocol configuration experience with Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS), and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- » Knowledge of Layer 2 IEEE switching and related protocols
- » Strong knowledge of MPLS configuration or multicast configuration experience
- » Knowledge of Cisco router security implementation, including authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and TACACS
Back to Top
- » List and describe the major features and benefits of the Cisco ASR 9000 series
- » List and describe the major features and benefits of the Cisco IOS® XR Software operating system
- » Configure the Cisco ASR 9000 platform, back out of configuration changes, and restore older versions of a configuration
- » Install the Cisco IOS XR Software operating system, package information envelopes (PIEs), and software maintenance updates (SMUs)
- » Configure Cisco IOS XR Software security features
- » Configure routing protocols
- » Enable multicast routing
- » Configure Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- » Configure Layer 2 services with resiliency and OAM functions
- » Configure Layer 2 multicast features
- » Configure Layer 3 services
- » Configure QoS
- » Understand data flow through the Cisco ASR 9000
- » Troubleshoot basic Cisco ASR 9000 hardware and software problems
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to the Cisco ASR 9000 Aggregation Series
- Module 2: Cisco ASR 9000 Hardware
- Module 3: Cisco IOS XR Software Overview
- Module 4: Cisco IOS XR Software Basics
- Module 5: Cisco IOS XR Software Software Installation
- Module 6: Cisco IOS XR Software Security
- Module 7: Cisco IOS XR Software Operations
- Module 8: Cisco IOS XR Routing Protocols
- Module 9: Cisco IOS XR MPLS
- Module 10: Cisco ASR 9000 Layer 2 Architecture
- Module 11: Cisco ASR 9000 Point-to-Point Layer 2 Services
- Module 12: Cisco ASR 9000 Multipoint Layer 2 Services
- Module 13: Cisco ASR 9000 Layer 2 Multicast
- Module 14: Layer 3 VPN
- Module 15: Layer 3 Multicast
- Module 16: Cisco ASR 9000 QoS
- Lab 1: Hardware Discovery and Intial Configuration
- Lab 2: Cisco IOS XR Software Installation
- Lab 3: Cisco IOS XR Security
- Lab 4: Cisco IOS XR Operations
- Lab 5: OSPF Routing Configuration
- Lab 6: IS-IS Routing Configuration
- Lab 7: BGP Routing Configuration
- Lab 8: MPLS
- Lab 9: Point-to-Point Layer 2 Services
- Lab 10: Multipoint Layer 2 Services
- Lab 11: Layer 2 Multicast
- Lab 12: Layer 3 VPN
- Lab 13: Layer 3 Multicast
- Lab 14: QoS
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top