Implementing the Cisco Nexus 7000 v2.1 - DCNX7K
This course is a 5-day ILT training program that is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches. This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch platform.
- » Network engineers, systems engineers, network designers, network administrators, and network managers
Back to Top
- » Identify the architecture, features, and deployment models of the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch
- » Describe hardware architecture, an perform hardware installation, and configure device administration features
- » Describe software architecture, configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch features
Back to Top
- Module 1: Describing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Features in General
- Module 2: Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Hardware Architecture, Device Installation, and Administration Features
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Hardware Architecture
- Lesson 2: Installing Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Lesson 3: Configuring Device Administration and Management Features
- Lesson 4: Using the Troubleshooting Process and Tools
- Module 3: Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch Software Architecture and Features
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco NX-OS Software
- Lesson 2: Configuring Virtual Device Contexts on Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
- Lesson 3: Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Lesson 4: Configuring Port Channels
- Lesson 5: Configuring the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch with the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extender
- Lesson 6: Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Lesson 7: Configuring Layer 3 Switching Features
- Lesson 8: Troubleshooting Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Lesson 9: Configuring MPLS
- Lesson 10: Configuring Cisco OTV
- Lesson 11: Configuring Locator/ID Separation Protocol
- Lesson 12: Configuring FCoE
- Lesson 13: Configuring Security Features
- Lesson 14: Configuring QoS
- Lesson 15: Troubleshooting Memory and Packet Flow Issues
- Lab 1-1: Basic Connectivity
- Lab 2-1: Configuring System Management
- Lab 3-1: Virtual Port Channel (vPC)
- Lab 3-2: Configuring Layer 2
- Lab 3-3: Configuring FabricPath
- Lab 3-4: Configuring Layer 3
- Lab 3-5: Configuring OTV
- Lab 3-6: Configuring the Locator/ID Separator Protocol (LISP)
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Security Tools
- Lab 4-2: Configuring QoS
- Lab 5-1: Configuring the Protocol Analyzer
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top