CNS-318 Citrix NetScaler Advanced Topics - Secure Web Applications
The course has been specifically designed for individuals with previous NetScaler experience. It is more appropriate for those who are responsible to deploy and/or manage Citrix NetScaler Application Firewall (AppFirewall) in Citrix NetScaler environments.The course aims to provide the skills required to deploy and manage AppFirewall including types of web attacks, protections and signatures, the adaptive learning engine, AppFirewall policies and profiles, troubleshooting, and additional pertinent NetScaler security features.
- » Course targets individuals interested in learning the skills required to deploy and manage Citrix NetScaler Application Firewall Application Firewall (AppFirewall) in Citrix NetScaler environments.
Back to Top
- » Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- » Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- » Understand how to utilize the adaptive learning engine
- » Configure AppFirewall to protect web applications
- » Utilize NetScaler Secure Insight to Monitor, Manage and report on Application Services security
- » Troubleshoot AppFirewall
Back to Top
- Application Firewall Overview
- AppFirewall solution Security Model (include signature)
- Overview of types of attacks
- Adaptive Learning Engine
- Packet Processing and Inspection
- Log Files – view violations
- Policies and Profiles
- Engine Settings
- Regular Expressions
- Forms of Regular Expressions
- Using Regular Expressions
- Metacharacters and Literal Characters
- Back Referencing
- Regular Expression Scope
- Attacks and Protections
- Data Flow with AppFirewall
- Security Checks
- AppFirewall Actions
- Adaptive Learning
- Code Quality (HTML Comment Striping)
- Buffer Overflow
- SQL injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Cookie Tampering
- Cookie Protection
- Parameter Tampering
- Server Misconfiguration
- Form Protections
- Identity Theft - CC – Safe Object
- URL Protections – Start URL and Deny URL
- Application Firewall Troubleshooting and Monitoring
- Security Insight
- HTTP Callout
- IP Reputation
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Citrix expert with an extensive number of Citrix certifications such as CCI, CCA, CCAA, and MCSA to name a few.
- Strong experience with system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia.
- First certified in 1974 in Electronics Design and since then working in the IT field.
Jessy is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) working in the IT field since 1974, with a focus on integration and training. He holds more than 9 Citrix certifications, making him a true Citrix expert, and sharing the NetCom Learning values of becoming a lifelong learner.
Jessy has a strong background in system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources. He has worked for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia and now focuses on Citrix training, where he recognized as one of the top trainers in Citrix technology and certifications.
Back to Top