CNS-301 Citrix NetScaler 11 Advanced Implementation
This course provides the foundation to manage, configure and monitor advanced features and components of Citrix NetScaler 11. Interactive discussion and hands-on labs guide learners through advanced administration tasks such as troubleshooting, configuring application security with Citrix Application Firewall, tuning the NetScaler for high-traffic loads, configuring AAA for system management, and configuring advanced policies using service callouts. Advanced monitoring and management tasks such as configuring and implementing NetScaler Insight Center, Command Center, and NetScaler Web Logging are also covered.
Prior NetScaler knowledge is strongly recommended. In order to successfully complete this course, learners will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment. This course is based on the Citrix NetScaler 11 product, but the skills and fundamental concepts learned are common to earlier product versions.
- » This course is designed for Network Administrators/Engineers, Citrix Administrators, Operations Engineers, Systems Administrators/Engineers and Cloud Administrators/Engineers who are new to the NetScaler platform
Back to Top
- » Experience configuring NetScaler systems, including an understanding of services, virtual servers, and policies
- » Experience with network devices, such as routers and switches, various networking protocols, and aspects of application and site architectures (such as DMZs and VLANs)
- » Knowledge of network security threats and site protection concepts such as firewalls, worms, and DDoS attacks
- » Understanding of concepts related to monitoring and management including basics of SNMP
- » Completion of CNS-205 Citrix NetScaler 11 Essentials and Networking or related experience
Back to Top
- » Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- » Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- » Configure Citrix Application Firewall to protect web applications
- » Troubleshoot Citrix Application Firewall
- » Install and configure NetScaler Insight Center to monitor performance
- » Install, configure, and use Citrix Command Center to manage NetScaler devices
- » Configure and use additional advanced features of NetScaler including NetScaler Web Logging, HTTP callout, and AAA authentication for web applications
Back to Top
- Getting Started
- Introduction to the NetScaler System
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Resources
- NetScaler System Overview
- nCore Configuration Architecture
- Built-In Tools
- Real-Time Performance Statistics
- Historical Statistics
- Third-Party Tools
- Profiles and Policies
- Engine Settings
- Regular Expressions
- Forms of Regular Expressions
- Using Regular Expressions
- Metacharacters and Literal Characters
- Back referencing
- Look heads
- Regular Expression Scope
- Attacks and Protections
- Security Checks
- HTTPS Web Applications
- Buffer Overflow Exploits and Protection
- Parameter Manipulation
- Server Misconfiguration
- Deny URL Protection
- SQL Injection
- HTML SQL Injection Protection
- Command Injection
- Field Format Protection
- Cookie Tampering and Poisoning
- Cookie Consistency Protection
- Form/Hidden Field Manipulation
- Form Field Consistency Protection
- Forceful Browsing
- Start URLs
- Backdoors and Misconfigurations
- URL Closure
- Identity Theft Attacks
- Credit Card Protection
- Protecting Credit Cards
- Errors Triggering Sensitive Information Leaks
- Safe Object Protection
- Application Firewall Troubleshooting
- Application Firewall and
- Configuration Issues
- Queuing and Connection Tuning
- HTTP Connections
- HTTP Connection Management and NetScaler
- HTTP Behavior
- TCP Buffering
- Surge Queue
- Surge Protection
- Priority Queuing
- HTTP Denial-of-Service Protection
- Authentication, Authorization, and Auditing
- Users, Groups and Command Policies
- External Authentication for System Users
- AAA for Traffic Management
- Audit Logging
- AppExpert Rate Limiting, HTTP Service Callout, and Policy-based Logging
- HTTP Callouts
- Configuring HTTP Callouts
- HTTP Callout Use Cases
- Configuring Rate Control
- Rate Control Policy Scenarios
- Policy-based Logging
- Command Center
- Command Center Introduction
- Command Center Clients
- Server Requirements
- Port Setting Requirements
- Command Center Installation
- Command Center Functionality
- Command Center Administration
- Insight Center
- Insight Center Overview
- AppFlow on the NetScaler System
- How Insight Center Collects AppFlow Data
- HDX Insight
- HTML Injection
- NetScaler Web Logging
- NetScaler Web Logging Introduction
- NetScaler System Configuration
- NSWL Client Installation
- NSWL Client Configuration
- Troubleshooting Web Logging
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Citrix expert with an extensive number of Citrix certifications such as CCI, CCA, CCAA, and MCSA to name a few.
- Strong experience with system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia.
- First certified in 1974 in Electronics Design and since then working in the IT field.
Jessy is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) working in the IT field since 1974, with a focus on integration and training. He holds more than 9 Citrix certifications, making him a true Citrix expert, and sharing the NetCom Learning values of becoming a lifelong learner.
Jessy has a strong background in system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources. He has worked for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia and now focuses on Citrix training, where he recognized as one of the top trainers in Citrix technology and certifications.
Back to Top