Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an independent information security certification governed by International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium also known as (ISC)2.
The CISSP examination is based on what (ISC)2 terms the Common Body of Knowledge (or CBK). The CISSP CBK is fundamentally based on the CIA triad, the core information security and assurance tenets: confidentiality, integrity and availability, and attempts to balance the three across ten areas of interest, which are also called domains. The ten CBK domains are:
1. Access Control
2. Telecommunications and Network Security
3. Information Security Governance and Risk Management
4. Software Development Security
6. Security Architecture and Design
7. Security Operations
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
9. Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
10. Physical (Environmental) Security
CISSP and (ISC)2 are registered marks of the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide and the material presented are not affiliated with or endorsed by (ISC)2.