About the RH199RC RHCSA Rapid Track Course (Remote Classroom)
The RHCSA Fast Track course (RH199) is designed for experienced Linux System Administrators who want to harden their technical skill sets and become accredited with the RHCSA certification. Using a best-of-breed contemporary teaching approach, students will learn to properly manage a Linux workstation and server, including installation and configuration of local components and services as well as connections to existing network services. To successfully navigate this course, students must already have solid Linux command line experience to perform tasks at an accelerated pace. In addition, they should possess the necessary skills to execute common commands, such as cp, grep, sort, mkdir, tar, mkfs, ssh, and yum, and be familiar with accessing man pages for help. At the completion of the course, students will be adequately prepared to take the Red Hat Certified System Administration (RHCSA) exam.
Managing local storage, including encrypted volumes
Deploying network services, including VNC, SSH, FTP, and web services
Securing files with ACLs and network services with the firewall and SELinux
Managing virtual machines with KVM technology
Automating installation of Linux using kickstart
This training combines and covers materials from the following courses:
RH199RC RHCSA Rapid Track Course (Remote Classroom) (4 days)
- Managing local storage, including encrypted volumes
- Deploying network services, including VNC, SSH, FTP, and web services
- Securing files with ACLs and network services with the firewall and SELinux
- Managing virtual machines with KVM technology
- Automating installation of Linux using kickstart
- Unit 1: Network Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Objective: Configure, manage, and test network settings
- Unit 2: Managing User Accounts
- Objective: Manage user accounts including password aging; connect to a central LDAP directory service
- Unit 3: Command-Line Process Management
- Objective: Launch, monitor, govern, and terminate processes using the BASH command-line
- Unit 4: Manage System Resources
- Objective: Schedule recurring tasks; monitor and manage system logs
- Unit 5: Installing and Managing Software
- Objective: Install software and query with yum using RHN and a custom repository
- Unit 6: Administer Remote Systems
- Objective: Access remote systems using command-line and graphical techniques
- Unit 7: Deploy and Secure File-Sharing Services
- Objective: Install and manage basic network services, including firewall configuration
- Unit 8: Managing SELinux
- Objective: Manage SELInux booleans and filesystem contexts
- Unit 9: Managing Simple Partitions and Filesystems
- Objective: Manage encrypted partitions, filesystems, and swap space
- Unit 10: Using Filesystem Access Control Lists
- Objective: Restrict file access with filesystem ACLs
- Unit 11: Logical Volume Management
- Objective: Understand logical volume concepts and manage logical volumes, including snapshots
- Unit 12: Control the Boot Process
- Objective: Understand runlevels and manage GRUB
- Unit 13: Tune and Maintain the Kernel
- Objective: Pass parameters to the kernel and manage kernel modules
- Unit 14: Manage Virtual Machines
- Objective: Deploy and manage KVM virtual machines
- Unit 15: Automate Installation with Kickstart
- Objective: Create kickstart configurations and use them to install Linux
- Unit 16: Get Help in a Graphical Environment
- Objective: Access Red Hat documentation and services
Do you have the right background for RH199RC RHCSA Rapid Track Course (Remote Classroom)?
We ensure your success by asking all students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test. These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will tell you so right away. We will also recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test now.
Skilled Linux system administrators who who want or are required to demonstrate competencies by earning the RHCSA
Benefit of taking RH199RC RHCSA Rapid Track Course (Remote Classroom) at NetCom
Why Choose Red Hat Training at NetCom Learning?
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the year out of 1400 training companies.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
NetCom provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Award winning Instructors
Actual Client Testimonials
Awards won by NetCom
NetCom Learning is an award winning, customer focused company. We are simply Passionate About Learning!
See our list of awards.
Specialized Boot Camp Training
This training is also available as a boot camp. NetCom is world famous for delivering specialized boot camp training to our clients.
For answers to questions regarding our boot camp training delivery format, please refer to our Boot Camp FAQ section.
Next Step, how do I attend the RH199RC RHCSA Rapid Track Course (Remote Classroom)?
- Contact us to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
Take this training with one of the following training delivery methods below:
NetCom’s classroom training ensures that you have state-of-the-art tools, techniques and practices you need to succeed on the job. Our instructors are active practitioners and true masters in their fields. With convenient classes at multiple learning centers across the US, you never have to go far to get ahead.
Live Online Training (LOT)
NetCom’s premium Live Online Training (we call it LOT) is the ultimate in convenience and cost-effectiveness. LOT combines interactive video instruction via the latest web conference technology, and post-class access to learning labs for a best-in-class learning experience.Learn more about LOT
Boot Camp Training
NetCom’s intensive boot camps are designed to advance your skills in the shortest possible amount of time and get you certified. Boot camps go at a faster pace and often run for longer days, so you must have some level of subject matter experience before enrolling. Boot camps have mandatory assessment tests to ensure no one will slow down the class for other students. Learn more about Boot Camps
Private Onsite Training
With NetCom’s private training programs, you decide where and when courses are held. Tailor the training to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique. Save money by doing bulk customized training.Learn more about Private Onsite Training
Private 1-on-1 Training
NetCom’s private 1-on-1 training focuses on the highest quality training possible. You get individualized, full attention from the instructor and you decide where and when courses are held. The training is custom tailored to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique.Learn more about Private 1-on-1 Training