NetCom Learning is honored to serve our Nation's Veterans as a Post 9/11 GI Bill Approved Education Provider and authorized training provider with the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Post 9/11 GI Bill provides education benefits for service members who have served on active duty for 90 or more days after September 11, 2001. The most robust military education grant ever enacted, the new Post 9/11 GI Bill covers more than just tuition fees - depending on how many months you served the Post 9/11 GI Bill can cover numerous training-related costs, including books, supplies, lodging, certification exams, relocation, and even free training for veterans' spouses and children.
Contact a Military Education Consultant at NetCom to help you figure out the exact amount of education benefits you've earned. Most Post 9/11 GI Bill students at NetCom enjoy 100% tuition coverage.
More Post 9/11 GI Bill Information:
Post 9/11 GI Bill Approved Learning Paths
The following IT career paths are in-demand now, have a positive job outlook, and are approved for Post 9/11 GI Bill education benefits at NetCom Learning:
- Mobile Development Professional (Android & iOS)
- Microsoft Office Specialist/Executive Assistant
- IT Security Specialist & Certified Ethical Hacker
- Database Administrator/Developer
- Microsoft SharePoint Administrator
- Windows 7 Desktop Support Technician
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Graphic Designer (Print & Web)
- Network Administrator & Designer
- AutoCAD 2D & 3D Drafting Professional
- Web Development Professional
- VMware Virtualization Expert and more
View a real-time schedule of upcoming Post 9/11 GI Bill approved courses at: http://www.netcomlearning.com/education/ready_to_run.php
If you are unable or unwilling to travel, over 95% of the above schedules are offered in our critically acclaimed Live Online Training (LOT) format.
Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits & Stipends
- Tuition Coverage: The Post 9/11 GI Bill covers up to 100% of all tuition costs and associated class fees, paid directly to NetCom or the educational institution of your choice.
- Books & Supplies: The Post 9/11 GI Bill pays up to $1,000 for books and supplies for each school term.
- Monthly Housing Stipend: The Post 9/11 GI Bill may include a monthly housing allowance based on the location of the educational institution you will attend. The maximum GI Bill housing stipend is $2,700.
- Relocation Allowance: The Post 9/11 GI Bill may include a one-time relocation benefit of $500 to help you cover the cost of moving from a rural area to an educational institution.
- GI Bill benefit transfer to family members: Armed service members with 6+ years in the military can transfer unused Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits to their children or spouse. Some restrictions may apply.
Post 9/11 GI Bill Approved IT Certifications
Browse new and favored GI Bill-approved IT certification prep courses & boot camps:
View a complete list of GI Bill approved IT vendors
Contact a Military Education Consultant at NetCom to help you build a customized learning plan with the IT and business certifications in that will distinguish you from competing candidates and separate your resume from the pack.
Post 9/11 GI Bill Eligibility Requirements
To qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill, you must:
- Serve 90 or more days of combined military service after September 11, 2001 OR
- Serve 30+ days of continuous active duty service after September 11, 2001 AND be discharged because of a service-related disability.
Periods of active duty service under the following conditions do not qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill:
- Active Guard Reserve (AGR) (Title 32);
- ROTC under 10 U.S.C. 2107(b);
- Service academy contract period;
- Service terminated due to defective enlistment agreement;
- Service used for loan repayment; and
- Selected reserve service used to establish eligibility under the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB chapter 30), MGIB for Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR Chapter 1606), or the Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP chapter 1607).
Post 9/11 GI Bill Application
Complete the official Post 9/11 GI Bill online application (VA Form 22-1990) at http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-22-1990-ARE.pdf.
Contact a Military Education Consultant at NetCom for assistance completing your Post 9/11 GI Bill application and maximizing your military education benefits.
More Military Education Benefits Info