CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Certification
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) is the course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing complex enterprise environments. In this course, you will expand on your knowledge of information security to apply more advanced principles that will keep your organization safe from the many ways it can be threatened. Today's IT climate demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you develop the skill set you need to confidently perform your duties as an advanced security professional.
This course can also benefit you if you intend to pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CAS-002) certification examination. CASP certification is an international, vendor-neutral exam that proves competency in enterprise security. What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
The exam covers the technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualize, design, and engineer secure solutions across complex enterprise environments. It involves applying critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement solutions that map to enterprise drivers.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- BootCamp Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- Facilitated Training
Exam Format for CAS-002
- Multiple choice and performance-based
- Number of Questions: 90 (max)
- Exam Duration: 165 minutes
- Pass Score: Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.
- » Manage risk in the enterprise.
- » Integrate computing, communications, and business disciplines in the enterprise.
- » Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- » Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- » Implement cryptographic techniques.
- » Implement security controls for hosts.
- » Implement security controls for storage.
- » Analyze network security concepts, components, and architectures, and implement controls.
- » Implement security controls for applications.
- » Integrate hosts, storage, networks, and applications in a secure enterprise architecture.
- » Conduct vulnerability assessments.
- » Conduct incident and emergency responses.
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Managing Risk
- Topic A: Identify the Importance of Risk Management
- Topic B: Assess Risk
- Topic C: Mitigate Risk
- Topic D: Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
- Lesson 2: Integrating Computing, Communications, and Business Disciplines
- Topic A: Facilitate Collaboration Across Business Units
- Topic B: Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Topic C: Implement Security Activities Throughout the Technology Life Cycle
- Lesson 3: Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Topic A: Determine Industry Trends and Effects on the Enterprise
- Topic B: Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Lesson 4: Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Topic A: Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Topic B: Implement Advanced Identity Management
- Lesson 5: Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Topic A: Describe Cryptographic Concepts
- Topic B: Choose Cryptographic Techniques
- Topic C: Choose Cryptographic Implementations
- Lesson 6: Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Topic A: Select Host Hardware and Software
- Topic B: Harden Hosts
- Topic C: Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Topic D: Implement Cloud Augmented Security Services
- Topic E: Protect Boot Loaders
- Lesson 7: Implementing Security Controls for Enterprise Storage
- Topic A: Identify Storage Types and Protocols
- Topic B: Implement Secure Storage Controls
- Lesson 8: Analyzing and Implementing Network Security
- Topic A: Analyze Network Security Components and Devices
- Topic B: Analyze Network-Enabled Devices
- Topic C: Analyze Advanced Network Design
- Topic D: Configure Controls for Network Security
- Lesson 9: Implementing Security Controls for Applications
- Topic A: Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Topic B: Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Topic C: Implement Application Security Controls
- Lesson 10: Integrating Hosts, Storage, Networks, and Applications in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Topic A: Implement Security Standards in the Enterprise
- Topic B: Select Technical Deployment Models
- Topic C: Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Topic D: Secure Enterprise Application Integration Enablers
- Lesson 11: Conducting Vulnerability Assessments
- Topic A: Select Vulnerability Assessment Methods
- Topic B: Select Vulnerability Assessment Tools
- Lesson 12: Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Topic A: Design Systems to Facilitate Incident Response
- Topic B: Conduct Incident and Emergency Responses
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Exam CAS-002
Back to Top
- » CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner meets the ISO 17024 standard and is approved by U.S. Department of Defense to fulfill Directive 8570.01-M requirements. It is compliant with government regulations under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Back to Top
- » CAS-002 : CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Exam
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), and CompTIA Project+.
- Won NetCom Learning "Instructor of the Year" Award in 2008 and 2009.
- Over 20 years of Project Management experience in Fortune 500 financial firms.
Jeff Furman is a highly experienced trainer, course developer, IT project manager and certified PMP with more than 20 years experience for Fortune 500 financial firms. His classes have helped numerous application developers learn new skills that have helped their companies as well as their careers.
He has eight years of experience as a full-time technical trainer and has developed curriculum for New York Life Insurance Company, Prudential Securities, and New York University, where he developed and taught many widely-attended classes ranging from programming languages to development and testing tools.
As an IT manager, Jeff has led application and system support teams, as well as Change Management groups and QA-testing teams. He also has written articles published in leading IT publications including ComputerWorld.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- NY State Certified instructor since 1998.
- Highly-skilled A+ and Network+ instructor; consistently scoring 9/9 on evaluation scores.
- Acclaimed by students to be a very knowledgeable and hands-on instructor, while mixing personal and professional experiences with training.
Owen has a NY State instructor license since 1998 and has been working in the industry since then. He is a Subject Matter Expert in A+ and Network+, consistently scoring 9/ 9 on student evaluation scores.
Owen brings real life situations into the classroom to help students better understand how the technology is being used and how to resolve issues. He is very acclaimed by his students for his knowledge and teaching techniques.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- IT Trainer with focus on A+ and Network+ since 1999.
- Top instructor at NetCom Learning since 2008, averaging 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores.
- Hands-on instructor, always well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas.
Raul is a highly-skilled IT instructor with over 13 years of experience in A+ and Network+ training. He has been teaching at NetCom Learning since 2008 and has averaged 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores since then.
Raul is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert due to his vast knowledge and teaching techniques. He is an adored trainer, very well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas, and his hands-on instruction approach makes him one of NetCom Learning??s top instructors.
- More than 25 years of know-how in the IT industry, including Product Engineering at Panasonic.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Subject Matter Expert with over 9 certifications.
- Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006, where has trained more than 1300 students.
Richard Brown is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Subject Matter Expert specializing in Microsoft and CompTIA. Richard has more than 25 years of experience in the IT industry with a successful career as Product and Network Engineer in Fortune 500 companies such as Panasonic.
A sought-after enterprise technician, Richard is a natural educator teaching beginner to advanced Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 as well as A+ and Network+ classes. Richard has trained more than 1300 students at NetCom Learning with an average evaluation score of 8.6 out of 9 since 2006.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Subject Matter Expert working in the network administration field since 1996.
- Holds 21 Microsoft Certifications.
- Consistently scores 9 out of 9 on student evaluations.
Ruzbeh Kheirabi has worked in network administration since 1996 and has extensive experience consulting, installing and customizing products required to provide robust networking for a diverse customer base. In addition, Ruzbeh got his first Microsoft certification in 2003 and since then he has added 20 more certifications.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Ruzbeh has conducted training in CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, as well as courses for Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, and MCSE) using Microsoft Official Curriculum. He masters 9 out of 9 on evaluation scores consistently and holds an all-time average score of 8.7.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
William "Glen" C.
- Highly experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Windows Subject Matter Expert, holding several certifications from both vendors.
- Incomparable technical skills in Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008.
Glen is an experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989. His experience began over 20 years ago, when he used to install and maintain automated systems at Time Management Systems. At the same time Glen would build computers for friends and train them as well, and that is how he developed a passion for teaching.
Glen also holds several CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. As a Subject Matter Expert, he has a lot of experience developing hands-on Server 2008 training labs and curriculums, while also giving numerous lectures on CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security +, as well as Windows 7.
Back to Top