Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions CCNP (SITCS)
Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training (vILT) course, which is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP© Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience so that they can deploy Cisco's Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) as well as Web Security, Email Security and Cloud Web Security. The goal of the course is to provide you with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls utilizing Cisco Next Generation product solution which integrates Cisco Prime Security Manager for managing identity policies.
The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various advance Cisco security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing traffic traversing the firewall. At the end of the course, you will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco's Next Generation Firewall security appliance feature and provide operational support for Intrusion Prevention Systems, Email Security, and Web based security appliances.
- » The primary audience for this course is as follows: Network Security Engineers
Back to Top
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- » Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Back to Top
- » Understand Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- » Deploy Cisco Web Security appliance to mitigate malware
- » Configure Web Security appliance for acceptable use controls
- » Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- » Describe Cisco Email Security Solution
- » Configure Cisco Email Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Policies
- » Describe IPS Threat Controls
- » Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
Back to Top
- Module1: Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW
- Describing the Cisco (CX) NGFW Services
- Describing the Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Management Architecture
- Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Policy Objects
- Monitoring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Operations
- Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Access Policies
- Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Identity Policies
- Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Decryption Policies
- Module 2: Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Describing the Cisco Web Security Appliance Solutions
- Integrating the Cisco Web Security Appliance
- Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Identities and User Authentication Controls
- Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Acceptable Use Controls
- Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Anti-Malware Controls
- Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Decryption Configuring
- Configuring Cisco Web Security Appliance Data Security Controls
- Module 3: Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Describing the Cisco Cloud Web Security Solutions
- Configuring Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Describing the Web Filtering Policy in Cisco ScanCenter
- Module 4: Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Describing the Cisco Email Security Solutions
- Describing the Cisco Email Security Appliance Basic Configuration Concepts
- Configuring Cisco Email Security Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Mail Policies
- Describing IPS Threat Controls
- Module 5: Cisco Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Integrating Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
- Configuring Basic Cisco IPS Settings
- Tuning Cisco IPS Signatures
- Configuring Custom Cisco IPS Signatures
- Configuring Cisco IPS Anomaly-Detection
- Configuring Cisco IPS Reputation-Based Features
- Lab 1 Exploring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW and PRSM
- Lab 2 Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Access Policy
- Lab 3 Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Identity Policy
- Lab 4 Configuring Cisco ASA (CX) NGFW Decryption Policy
- Lab 5: Configuring Cisco WSA Explicit Proxy and User Authentication
- Lab 6: Configure Cisco WSA Acceptable Use Controls
- Lab 7: Configuring Cisco Cloud Web Security Connector on ISR G2 and AnyConnect
- Lab 8: Configure Email Security Appliance Basic Policies
- Lab 9: Configure Email Security Appliance Advanced Policies
- Lab 10: Configure Cisco ASA IPS Software Module
- Lab 11: Configuring Basic Cisco Email Security Mail Policies Lab
- Lab 12: Configuring Basic Cisco IPS Settings Lab
- Lab 13: Tuning Cisco IPS Signatures and Anomaly-Detection Lab
Back to Top
- » 300-207 SITCS : Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top