Managing Projects in Primavera P6 Fundamentals Rel 8.4
This Primavera P6 Fundamentals Rel 8.4 training teaches you how to create a project, add activities and relationships, assign resources, adjust the project plan to account for schedule delays and overallocated resources and analyze portfolios. You'll also learn how to customize the Personal Workspace and the Project Workspace to monitor project progress and communicate with team members.
Create a project.
Assign and analyze resources.
Analyze project performance.
Execute and control the project.
Customize dashboards and the Project Workspace.
- » Business Analysts
- » End Users
- » Functional Implementer
- » Project Manager
Back to Top
- » Knowledge of project management principles
Back to Top
- » Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- » Add activities
- » Customize activity views
- » Create relationships
- » Schedule the project
- » Assign constraints
- » View the Enterprise Project Structure
- » Optimize the project schedule
- » Create a project
- » Assign roles and resources
- » Analyze resources and costs
- » Baseline the project plan
- » Execute the project
- » Customize dashboards
Back to Top
- Understanding P6 Data
- Describing the Organizational Breakdown Structure
- Describing the Enterprise Project Structure
- Creating a Project
- Viewing the EPS Page
- Modifying Project Information
- Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
- Creating Multiple Levels
- Adding Activities
- Describing Activity Types
- Viewing Activity Information
- Editing Activity Details
- Assigning Steps
- Assigning Codes
- Using Activity Views
- Customizing a View
- Filtering Data
- Grouping and Sorting Data
- Creating Relationships
- Viewing Relationship Types
- Creating Relationships in the Gantt Chart
- Scheduling a Project
- Defining Key Terms
- Defining Total Float
- Describing Loops and Open Ends
- Calculating a Schedule
- Assigning Constraints
- Applying a Must Finish By Date
- Constraining an Activity
- Optimizing the Project Schedule
- Analyzing Schedule Dates
- Shortening a Project Schedule
- Viewing the Project Workspace
- Adding and Removing Portlets
- Customizing the Project Workspace
- Assigning Roles and Resources
- Assigning a Role
- Requesting Resources
- Assigning Resources
- Checking Resource Availability
- Defining Work Types
- Editing a Project Calendar
- Assigning a Calendar to an Activity
- Baselining the Project Plan
- Selecting a Baseline
- Adding a Baseline
- Executing the Project Plan
- Describing Methods of Applying Progress
- Using Progress Spotlight
- Defining the Data Date
- Applying Progress to Activities
- Analyzing the Updated Project
- Comparing Dates
- Viewing Schedule Performance
- Addressing Variances
- Viewing Dashboards
- Customizing Dashboards
- Adding and Removing Dashboards
- Viewing Portfolio Data
Back to Top
- » Enrolling in this course will help you understand P6s basic features and functionality so you can apply them to your organizations project management processes. You'll develop the skills to manage projects on time and within budget to ensure optimal outcomes from capital and resource investments.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Masters Degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University along with several IT certifications.
- IT Professional for over 30 years and Software Trainer since 1997.
- Engineer and developer for top Wall Street financial firms such as JP Morgan Chase.
Arthur has been an IT professional for over 30 years. After receiving his Bachelors in Computer Science from NYU, and Masters degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University, Arthur was recruited into the private IT sector. Upon starting his IT career path he quickly progressed into leadership roles as an engineer and developer for JP Morgan Chase.
With more than a decade of successful projects behind him, Arthur's love of academia brought him back to training, where he currently specializes in Java certification training and corporate software development. He holds numerous certifications including the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, and Advanced PHP Programmer. His passion and aptitude for the subject matter is clearly evident both in and out of the classroom and NetCom Learning students rate him 8.6 out of 9.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- Designs and architects Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s.
- Hands-on experience in multiple Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV since 2004.
- Taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning.
Ignacio is a Senior Solutions Architect, Civil Engineer and Certified Expert Trainer. He has been designing and architecting Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s, and has extensive experience developing scalable and high performance integration solutions. In 2004, Ignacio expanded into business management and accounting software as well, where he gained hands-on experience in many Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV.
Ignacio holds a library of industry-wide certifications from Microsoft and other leading IT vendors. He has taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning and is revered by students for his wide-ranging IT expertise.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
Back to Top