Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) v1.0
Introduction to 802.1X Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1X) v1.0 is a newly created three-day course designed to prepare Cisco Channel Partners, systems engineers, and implementers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco TrustSec solutions based on Cisco Identity Services module, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers.
The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge in the capabilities and functions of the IEEE 802.1X protocol and the ability to configure the Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for 802.1X operation.
The course will introduce the architecture, components, and features of a Cisco TrustSec network designed around the IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS protocols.
The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring a network for 802.1X-based network services using the Cisco ISE, Cisco Catalyst switches, and Cisco wireless products.
- » Cisco Channel Partner systems engineers and field engineers that are seeking to meet the education requirements to attain Authorized Technology Provider (ATP) authorization to sell Cisco ISE.
- » Security architects, design engineers, and others seeking hands-on experience with Cisco TrustSec 802.1X deployments with Cisco ISE.
Back to Top
- » Describe identity-based networking concepts and components
- » Define the components and processes of port-based authentication
- » Identify the 802.1X components and their interrelation at a high level
- » Identify requirements and options for non-supplicant devices
- » Position individual components of an 802.1X network and identify compatibilities
Back to Top
- Module 0: Course Introduction
- Module 1: Cisco TrustSec
- Lesson 1: Surveying Cisco TrustSec
- Lesson 2: Surveying Cisco TrustSec Architecture Components
- Module 2: Port-Based Authentication
- Lesson 1: Surveying the IEEE 802.1X Standard
- Lesson 2: Surveying 802.1X and EAP
- Lesson 3: Describing the Role of RADIUS in EAP Communications
- Module 3: Configure Devices for 802.1X Operation
- Lesson 1: Identifying 802.1X Components and Topologies
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ISE for 802.1X
- Lesson 3: Configuring Network Devices for 802.1X
- Lesson 4: Configuring Supplicants for 802.1X Operation
- Module 4: Configure Guest Access
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco TrustSec for Non-Supplicant Devices
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco WebAuth for Non-Supplicant Devices
- Module 5: Design Cisco TrustSec Networks with Cisco ISE and 802.1X
- Lesson 1: Identifying Component Compatibilities with 802.1X
- Lesson 2: Reviewing 802.1X Design Considerations That Impact Implementation
- Lesson 3: Reviewing Scalable 802.1X Architectures
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1-0: Accessing the Lab Equipment
- Lab 1-1: Configuring Cisco ISE, Switch, WLC, and Clients
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Authentication Using Web Authentication
- Case Study: Designing an End-to-End High-Level Cisco TrustSec Network with Cisco ISE and 802.1X
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
Excellent sales cycle, found the applicable course in days. Very responsive, course catalog, registration forms delivered in hours. Very good instructor, geared toward certification test, shared a lot of valuable information.
- David K.
» Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications - ICOMM
More testimonials »
Back to Top