ITIL®-ST: Intermediate LifeCycle: ITIL® Service Transition with Certification Exam
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) certification scheme, providing a modular approach to the ITIL framework, is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
The Service Transition (ST) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. This module focuses on the process and practice elements and management techniques required to build, test and implement products and services. It also demonstrates how service transition can apply to other stages of the IT Service lifecycle and can underpin decisions during the Strategy and Operations phases.
ITIL Service Transition module will teach you how to plan and manage the move into initial operation for the new or revised resources created during the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle. In addition to providing guidance on techniques for organizing and managing the transition, the certification also covers management of technology considerations and challenges and risks.
The ITIL Service Transition certificate training is available in different delivery modalities including interactive online classes and instructor-led classroom training. This training is conducted by industry experts who help the participants gain valuable practical knowledge and prepare for their certification exam.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITpreneurs.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
- Exam Voucher
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition (ST) Certificate Exam
- ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Transition (ST) Certificate
The ITIL Service Transition (ST) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 8
- Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Service Transition certificate, the participants earn three credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » Change Manager
- » Configuration Manager
- » IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices
- » Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT
Back to Top
- » Recommended: ITIL Foundation with Certification Exam
- » Familiar with the guidance detailed in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle Practices core publications
- » ITIL® Foundation Certification (v3 or newer) required
- » Two years of relevant work experience
Back to Top
- » Importance of service management as a practice concept and service transition principals, purpose, and objectives
- » How all processes in ITIL® service transition interact with other service lifecycle processes
- » Sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL service transition processes
- » Roles and responsibilities within ITIL® service transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- » How to measure ITIL® service transition
- » Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL® service transition
- » Challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with ITIL® service transition
Back to Top
- Introduction to service transition
- The purpose and objectives of service transition
- The scope of service transition and ways that service transition adds value to the business
- The context of service transition in relation to all other lifecycle stages
- Service transition principles
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices for service transition
- How to use metrics to ensure the quality of a new or changed service and the effectiveness and efficiency of service transition
- The inputs to and outputs from service transition as it interfaces with the other service lifecycle phases
- Service transition processes
- A management perspective of the purpose and value of the service transition processes, how they integrate within service transition and how they interface with other lifecycle phases
- Managing people through service transitions
- How to address and manage the communication and commitment aspects of service transition
- How to manage organizational and stakeholder change
- How to develop a stakeholder management strategy, map and analyse stakeholders and monitor changes in stakeholder commitment
- Organizing for service transition
- How the technical and application management functions interface with service transition
- The interfaces that exist between service transition and other organizational units (including programmes, projects, service design and suppliers) and the “handover points” required to ensure delivery of new or change services within the agreed schedule
- Service transition roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used, as well as examples of how small or larger service transition organizations would be structured to use these roles
- Why service transition needs service design and service operation, what it uses from them and how
- Technology Considerations
- Technology requirements that support the service transition stage and its integration into the service lifecycle
- Types of knowledge management, service asset and configuration management and workflow tools that can be used to support service transition
- Implementing and improving service transition
- The key activities for introducing an integrated service transition approach into an organization
- The design, creation, implementation and use of service transition in a virtual or cloud environment
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks
- Be able to provide insight and guidance for service transition challenges, risks and critical success factors
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd ST Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate ST exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd ST Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate ST exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd ST Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate ST exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top