Cisco SECURE: Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches
The Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE) 1.0 course is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers. This five-day course aims at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco IOS Software router- and switch-based networks, and provide security services based on Cisco IOS Software. Successful graduates will be able to secure the network environment using existing Cisco IOS Software features, as well as install and configure components of the Cisco IOS Software, such as zone-based policy firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), user-based firewall, secure tunnels using IP Security (IPsec) virtual private network (VPN) technology including public key infrastructure (PKI), virtual tunnel interface / dynamic virtual tunnel interface (VTI / DVTI), Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, and advanced switch security features. The course focuses on the implementation and troubleshooting aspects of the lifecycle services approach, adding some elements of the design phase as well.
- » Internetwork professionals who want to ensure security on their network or who seek Cisco certification.
Back to Top
- » Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software infrastructure protection controls in a Cisco router- and switch-based network infrastructure.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software threat control and containment technologies in a Cisco router-based perimeter infrastructure.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based WAN.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software remote access VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based remote access solution.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Foundation Protection Lesson
- Deploying Network Foundation Protection Controls
- Deploying Advanced Switched Data Plane Security Controls
- Implementing Cisco Identity-Based Network Services
- Deploying Basic 802.1X Features
- Deploying Advanced Routed Data Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Control Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Management Plane Security Controls
- Module 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Threat Control and Containment
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
- Deploying Basic Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Advanced Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software IPS
- Module 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Site-to-Site Transmission Security
- Site-to-Site VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying VTI-Based Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying Scalable Authentication in Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying DMVPNs
- Deploying High Availability in Tunnel-Based IPsec VPNs
- Deploying GET VPN
- Module 4: Deploying Secure Remote Access with Cisco IOS Software
- Remote Access VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using SSL VPN
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using Cisco Easy VPN
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
Excellent sales cycle, found the applicable course in days. Very responsive, course catalog, registration forms delivered in hours. Very good instructor, geared toward certification test, shared a lot of valuable information.
- David K.
» Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications - ICOMM
More testimonials »
Back to Top
As an authorized Cisco Learning Partner, NetCom proudly accepts Cisco Learning Credits (CLC) for Cisco training and Cisco certification, including Cisco CCNA certification and CCENT certification.
More information about Cisco Learning Credits
Call 888.563.8266 for CLC details.
Back to Top