Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions v1.0 - SENSS (Professional)
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
Exam Number: 300-206 SENSS
Associated Certifications: CCNP Security
Duration: 90 minutes (65-75 questions)
Register with: Pearson VUE
- » Channel Partner / Reseller
- » Customer
- » Employee
- » Network security engineers
Back to Top
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) certification
- » Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) Security certification
- » Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system
Back to Top
- » Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- » Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- » Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- » Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- » Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- » Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- » Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- » Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- » Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
- » Security threat landscape
Back to Top
- Secure Design Principles
- Course Overview
- Network Security Zoning
- Cisco Module Network Security Architecture
- Cisco SecureX Architecture
- Cisco TrustSec Solution
- Deploying Network Infrastructure Protection
- Introducing Cisco Network Infrastructure Protection
- Deploying Cisco IOS Control Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Management Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco ASA Management Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Deploying Cisco IOS Layer 2 and Layer 3 Data Plane Security Controls
- Deploying NAT on Cisco IOS and Cisco ASA
- Introducing Network Address Translation
- Deploying Cisco ASA Network Address Translation
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
- Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco ASA
- Introducing Cisco Firewall Threat Controls
- Deploying Basic Cisco ASA Access Policies
- Deploying Advanced Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policies
- Deploying Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filtering
- Deploying Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
- Deploying Threat Controls on Cisco IOS Software
- Deploying Basic Cisco IOS Software with Basic Zone-Based Firewall Access Policies
- Deploying Advanced Cisco IOS Software ZBFW with Application Inspection Policies
- Lab 1: Configuring Configure Cisco Policy Protection (CPP) and Management Plane Protection (MPP)
- Lab 2: Configure Traffic Telemetry Methods
- Lab 3: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
- Lab 4: Configure Layer 2 Data Plan Security
- Lab 5: Configure NAT on Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewall
- Lab 6: Configure NAT on Cisco IOS Software
- Lab 7: Configure Cisco ASA Access Policy
- Lab 8: Configure Cisco ASA Application Inspection Policy
- Lab 9: Configure Cisco ASA Botnet Traffic Filter
- Lab 10: Configure Cisco ASA Identity Based Firewall
- Lab 11: Configure Cisco IOS Software Zone-Based Firewall (ZBFW)
- Lab 12: Configure Cisco IOS Software ZBFW Application Inspection Policy Lab Activity Solutions
Back to Top
- » 300-206 SENSS : Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top