AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 for Surveyors
This in-depth AutoCAD Civil 3D 2017 for Surveyors, is for surveyors and survey technicians that do not necessarily need all of the functionality that is taught in AutoCAD Civil 3D Fundamentals. This course equips the surveyor with the basic knowledge required to use AutoCAD Civil 3D efficiently in a typical daily workflow. Students learn how to import the converted field equipment survey data into a standardized environment in AutoCAD Civil 3D and to use the automation tools to create an Existing Condition Plan. Data collection, and traverses are also covered. Other topics that help in increasing efficiency include styles, correct AutoCAD drafting techniques, the methodology required to create linework effectively for variables used in defining symbology, surfaces, categorizing points, and importing imagery.
- » The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- » The Planning and Analysis workspace
- » Points overview and styles
- » Importing points and coordinate transformations
- » Creating points and drafting
- » Point groups, grips, and reports
- » Point security and editing
- » Introduction to data collection in the field
- » Introduction to Civil 3D Survey and automated linework
- » Survey networks
- » Coordinate Geometry Editor for entering traverse information or legal descriptions
- » Surface overview
- » Surface editing
- » Surface labels and analysis
- » Point clouds and creating a surface from point cloud data
Back to Top
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Product Overview
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Workspaces
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D User Interface
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Toolspace
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Panorama
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Templates, Settings, and Styles
- Connecting to Geospatial Data
- Introduction to the Planning and Analysis Workspace
- Coordinate Systems
- Geospatial Data Connection
- Create a Surface from GIS Data
- Survey Setup
- Survey Workflow Overview
- Collecting Field Data
- Introduction to the Survey Toolspace
- Survey Figures
- The Survey Database
- Lines and Curves
- Coordinate Geometry Editor
- Points Overview
- Point Label Styles
- Point Settings
- Creating Points
- Transparent Command
- Description Key Sets
- Importing and Exporting Points
- Point Groups
- Reviewing and Editing Points
- Locking/Unlocking Points
- Point Reports
- Points with Connective Codes
- Field Codes
- Survey Data - Figures
- Survey Data - Line Code
- Translating a Survey Database
- Field Book Files
- Survey Networks
- Importing a Field Book
- Working with Figures
- Filtering a Survey Database
- Surface Process
- Surface Properties
- Surface Data
- Breaklines and Boundaries
- Surface Editing
- Surface Analysis Tools
- Surface Labels
- Surface Volume Calculations
- Surface Analysis Display
- Point Cloud Surface Extraction
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top