CCSE Check Point Security Engineering (R77 GAiA)
Check Point Security Engineering (R77 GAiA) is an advanced course that provides you training on how to effectively build, modify, deploy, and troubleshoot Check Point Security systems on the GAiA OS. You will learn about firewall processes, user and kernel processing, and Stateful Inspection. Labs include configuring security gateways, implementing VPNs, and performing advanced troubleshooting tasks on the firewall.
- » This course is recommended for Systems Administrators, Network Engineers, Support Analysts and any other IT professional seeking CCSE certification
Back to Top
- » Knowledge of network security
- » An understanding of UNIX and Windows operating systems, certificate management, system administration, networking (TCP/IP)
- » A Check Point Security Administration course or CCSA certification
Back to Top
- » Check Point firewall technology
- » Troubleshooting Check Point firewall technology
- » Advanced upgrading concepts and practices
- » Clustering firewall, management concepts, and practices
- » Software acceleration features
- » Advanced VPN concepts and implementations
- » Reporting tools, deployment options, and features
Back to Top
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL
- acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database (such as LDAP), configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for remote access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site to site or certificate based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files, and command line debug tools
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using link selection and multiple entry point solutions
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community, including other VPN providers
- Create events (or use existing event definitions) to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management
- Troubleshoot report generation given command line tools and debug file information
- Lab 1: Upgrade to Check Point R77
- Lab 2: Core CLI elements of firewall administration
- Lab 3: Migrate to a clustering solution
- Lab 4: Configure SmartDashboard to interface with Active Directory
- Lab 5: Configure site-to-site VPNS with third-party certificates
- Lab 6: Remote access with Endpoint Security VPN
- Lab 7: SmartEvent and SmartReporter
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Back to Top
I want to express to you the delight it has been partnering with Rob, our educational consultant, on these 3 key education tracks for my team (Juniper, f5, Checkpoint). I had the liberty of sitting through the original week of Juniper training and experienced first hand the caliber of instructor/course material that Rob secured on our behalf. I was not able to attend the f5 training personally but received like reviews from my team. All in all I found the instruction was top notch, on topic and well delivered and am looking forward to the f5 training in the upcoming weeks.
From the inception Rob was pivotal in understanding our unique requirements and drafted a training schedule that was right on par for our needs. His attention to detail and willingness to understand our requirements directly attested to the successful training we have received. There is no denying that we faced some challenges throughout this engagement but I can say I am truly fortunate to of had Rob on the other side working through the issues. His sense of urgency, constant communication and professionalism were a godsend to say the least. The level of confidence and acumen protruded by Rob was unmatched by the other vendors and put my concerns at ease throughout the process. I wanted to personally thank you for providing such a talented professional such as Rob to this engagement and reiterate my thanks for having such within your employ.
» Check Point R75
More testimonials »
Back to Top