CCSE: Check Point Certified Security Expert (R70)
The Check Point Security Expert course provides an understanding of advanced concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades. During this course, you will process a Change Request, implement Provisioning, and configure SSL VPN remote access. In addition, you will deploy HA, and configure your network for advanced routing features such as VTIs, while employing the Eventia suite for advanced reporting and monitoring options.
- » This course is for systems administrators, security managers, or network engineers implementing VPN-1 (NGX R65) for VPN deployments to upgrade to R70 version.
- » This is also meant for individuals who want to earn Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE R70 certification)
Back to Top
- Lab Environment Setup
- Build the Management Server
- Build Gateways
- Install and configure NTP
- Upgrade to R70.1
- Establish SIC
- Management Portal
- Configure Management Portal on corporate site
- Test Management Portal access
- Configure Management Portal access on partner site
- Test Management Portal
- Create New Administrators
- Configure SmartWorkflow
- Open and Submit a Session for Approval
- Disapprove the Session and Request a Modification
- Approve the Session and Install the Policy
- Disable SmartWorkflow
- Enable SmartProvisioning
- Create New Profile
- Assign Profile to Gateways
- Verify Profile Changes
- SSL VPN
- Configure Connectra R66 Gateway
- Enable Connectra Gateway in SmartDashboard
- Create a file-share application in the SSL VPN tab
- Create an Internal User
- Assign file-share access to User Group
- Update Rule Base for DMZ traffic
- Verify file-share access through the User Portal
- Configure embedded RDP
- Shutdown and remove Connectra Server
- Enable and Configure SecureXL on the Gateway
- Open connections and verify acceleration
- Deploying New Mode HA
- Create and configure a secondary cluster member
- Configure Gateway-Cluster object
- Configure ClusterXL properties
- Modify the Rule Base
- Pass traffic through the cluster
- Observe cluster status in SmartView Monitor
- Perform test failovers
- Load Sharing Modes
- Configure Load Sharing Unicast mode
- Test Load Sharing Unicast mode
- Configure Load Sharing Multicast mode
- Test Load Sharing Multicast mode
- VPN with Sticky Decision Function
- Configure VPN in a Cluster
- View a packet capture of FTP connections without Sticky Decision function
- View a packet capture of FTP connections with Sticky Decision function
- Configure Check Point QoS Policy
- Enable and Configure Check Point QoS
- Create Check Point QoS Rules and adjust Rule weights
- Verify and install Policy
- Test QoS Policy
- Route-based VPNs with Static Routes
- Configure Gateway and VPN Community objects
- Add participating Gateway to Community
- Configure VTI's on participating Gateways
- Add Static Routes for internal networks
- Eventia Analyzer
- Install the Eventia Suite on CG_Corporate
- Configure the network object in SmartDashboard
- Configure Eventia
- Monitor events with Eventia
Back to Top
- » Define Management Portal aides
- » Extend access to network policy settings
- » Use SmartWorkflow to track, approve and audit Security Policy changes
- » Assess policy life-cycle and change management
- » Use SmartProvisioning as a centralized management tool
- » Define SmartProvisioning deployment and management scenarios
- » Use profile-based management
- » Identify SSL VPN roles
- » Assess security acceleration requirements
- » Assess multi-core CPU with SecureXL benefits
- » Identify High Availability limitations
- » Set up multiple Security Gateway cluster configurations
- » Use Advanced Routing protocols
- » Apply Load Balancing configurations
- » Produce network-traffic audit reports
- » Apply intrusion event analysis
- » Monitor and analyze alerts to track and identify network intrusions
Back to Top
- » 156-315.70 : Check Point Certified Security Expert R70
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Back to Top
I want to express to you the delight it has been partnering with Rob, our educational consultant, on these 3 key education tracks for my team (Juniper, f5, Checkpoint). I had the liberty of sitting through the original week of Juniper training and experienced first hand the caliber of instructor/course material that Rob secured on our behalf. I was not able to attend the f5 training personally but received like reviews from my team. All in all I found the instruction was top notch, on topic and well delivered and am looking forward to the f5 training in the upcoming weeks.
From the inception Rob was pivotal in understanding our unique requirements and drafted a training schedule that was right on par for our needs. His attention to detail and willingness to understand our requirements directly attested to the successful training we have received. There is no denying that we faced some challenges throughout this engagement but I can say I am truly fortunate to of had Rob on the other side working through the issues. His sense of urgency, constant communication and professionalism were a godsend to say the least. The level of confidence and acumen protruded by Rob was unmatched by the other vendors and put my concerns at ease throughout the process. I wanted to personally thank you for providing such a talented professional such as Rob to this engagement and reiterate my thanks for having such within your employ.
» Check Point R75
More testimonials »
Back to Top