80450: Delivering Microsoft Dynamics Solutions with Sure Step 2012
The two day course is an advanced training workshop that focuses on the Project Management area of Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step. Students assume the role of a Project Manager as they complete a case study involving the implementation of one of the Microsoft Dynamics products at Tailspin Toys, a fictitious customer account.
This course supports both Microsoft Dynamics ERP and CRM product lines.
Guidance is provided in using Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step from a Project Manager's perspective as students complete each phase of the implementation. Lab activities focus on project management tasks involving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure. Students are tasked with completing a variety of Sure Step documents and making strategic implementation decisions during each implementation phase.
Students do not install or use Microsoft Dynamics products during the case study. However, sufficient knowledge of one of Microsoft Dynamics products is necessary for the student to tailor the implementation and complete the Sure Step project documents to satisfy the customer's business requirements. Class discussions following each lab exercise add the dimension of peer learning and play a key role in enforcing the knowledge obtained during the training.
- » This training is intended for Project Managers and Implementation Consultants responsible for managing Microsoft Dynamics AX, GP, NAV and CRM implementations.
Back to Top
- » Understand project management essentials.
- » Identify waterfall fundamentals.
- » Exam agile essentials.
- » Examine how to prepare and plan for a Diagnostic phase.
- » Decide, plan, and deliver Sure Step decision accelerators.
- » Define the scope of the project based on results from the decision accelerator.
- » Guide the customer toward the most efficient implementation process and project type.
- » Produce time and cost estimates for the project.
- » Plan the resources for the project and plan for risks.
- » Prepare for and conduct the Kickoff meeting with the Customer.
- » Determine if a Solutions Overview is necessary.
- » Understand the Detailed Business Process Analysis.
- » Identify and document functional requirement Fits and Gaps.
- » Control scope creep by implementing proposal management.
- » Plan early for the Deployment phase by creating a deployment plan.
- » Learn how to use solution design documents.
- » Examine Performance Reporting and Status Reporting.
- » Plan and perform testing activities across different phases.
- » Conduct a tollgate review.
- » Examine the Sure Step Agile project type.
- » Prepare and conduct the cutover from the non-production to production environment.
- » Understand the importance of quality management during the Operation phase.
- » Identify how to work towards project closure.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to Projects
- What is a Project
- Project Challenges
- Project Management
- Agile Models
- Lab : List Characteristics of a Project
- Lab : List Factors that Influence Projects
- Lab : List Factors that Influence Projects
- Module 2: Introduction to Sure Step
- Introduction to Sure Step
- Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Model
- Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Client
- Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Online
- Project Repositories
- Lab : Create and Modify a Project Template and Clone a Project
- Module 3: Project Planning and Solution Envisioning in the Diagnostic Phase
- Position Solution Envisioning and the Diagnostic Phase.
- Top-Down View on the Diagnostic Phase.
- Overview and Positioning of Decision Accelerator offerings.
- Introduction to the Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step Case Study.
- Lab : Tailspin Toys Diagnostic and Solution Envisioning Lab
- Module 4: Delivering Decision Accelerators
- Use the tools, templates, and links to help you deliver the Requirements and Process Review decision accelerator
- Lab : Requirements and Process Review
- Lab : Fit Gap and Solution Blueprint
- Module 5: Proposal Generation and Final Licensing and Services Agreements
- Proposal Generation
- Final Licensing and Services Agreement
- Lab : Define the Project Type for the Case Study
- Lab : Create the Tailspin Toys Project Charter
- Module 6: Proposal Generation and Final Licensing and Services Agreements
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Communication Management
- Managing Scope Changes
- Resource Management
- Lab : Identify and Manage Risks
- Lab : Status Reporting
- Lab : Issue Management
- Lab : Managing Scope Changes
- Module 7: Waterfall Delivery
- Analysis Phase
- Design Phase
- Development Phase
- Lab : Prepare for the Tailspin Toys Kickoff Meeting
- Lab : Conduct the Kickoff Meeting
- Lab : Review a Detailed Business Process Analysis
- Lab : Complete the Functional Requirements Document
- Lab : Identify Gap Information
- Lab : Identify Integration and Interface Requirements
- Lab : Identify Issues
- Lab : Document Changes
- Lab : Create the Deployment Plan
- Lab : Create a Fit Design in the Functional Design Document
- Lab : Create a Gap design in the Functional design Document
- Lab : Create a Solution Design Document
- Lab : Create the Project Status Report
- Lab : Unit and Function Testing
- Lab : Prepare the Tollgate Review
- Module 8: Agile Delivery
- Agile Preparation
- Agile Execution
- Lab : Create the Tailspin Toys Solution Backlog
- Module 9: Deployment Phase
- Conduct User Training
- Testing Activities During the Deployment phase
- The Production environment
- Create the Production Operations guide
- Data migration
- Lab : User Acceptance Testing
- Lab : Create a Go-Live Cutover Plan
- Module 10: Operation Phase
- Quality Management
- Additional Operation Activities
- Project Closure
- Lab : Clear Pending Items
- Lab : Conduct Closeout Meeting
- Lab : Close project
Back to Top
- » MB5-705 : Managing Microsoft Dynamics Implementations
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top