80300: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This one-day instructor-led course provides students with an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX2012. The purpose of this course is to give new users an overview of the benefits of the application, the functionality available, and the underlying technology. Students will have the opportunity to use the application to perform typical end-user tasks
- » The intended audience is new users typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- » Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a powerful solution.
- » Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides an agile solution.
- » Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a simple solution.
- » Understand that Microsoft Dynamics AX provides a unified solution from Microsoft.
- » Understand the industry focus for Microsoft Dynamics AX2012.
- » Understand the broad functionality provided in Microsoft Dynamics AX2012.
- » Describe the components of the rich client user interface.
- » Navigate the Microsoft Dynamics AX menu structure.
- » Find a customer in the customer list page.
- » Create a sales order.
- » Create an alert rule.
- » Update a sales order to shipped.
- » View details of a selected field.
- » Invoice a sales order.
- » Use the Help.
- » Personalize a form.
- » Post a customer payment.
- » Use workflows.
- » Submit a workflow.
- » Describe quick navigation tips.
- » Describe the types of end-users who use Enterprise Portal.
- » Describe the functionality available to users on Enterprise Portal.
- » Describe the components of Enterprise Portal user interface.
- » Describe the Reporting and BI needs of different types of users.
- » Describe the tools available to view and analyze data in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Create an advanced filter.
- » Save a filter as a cue on the role center.
- » Build a report in Microsoft Excel.
- » Create and use a template in Microsoft Word.
- » View a standard report.
- » Schedule a report to be emailed periodically.
- » Modify and add KPIs to a role center.
- » Create a pivot table using OLAP cubes.
- » Describe other reporting options available with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Describe the organizational structure in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Describe basic data setup and configuration.
- » Setup a new user in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Create a definition group.
- » Import data using Microsoft Excel.
- » Describe the components of the System Architecture of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Describe the options for making development changes in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- Powerful Solution
- Agile Solution
- Simple Solution
- Pervasive Interoperability
- Industry Focus
- Basic Navigation
- Rich client user interface
- View details
- Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal users
- Enterprise Portal user interface
- Reporting and Business Intelligence (BI) users
- Reporting and BI tools
- Microsoft Dynamics AX tools
- SQL Reporting Services
- SQL Analysis Services
- Other tools
- System Administration
- Organization Structure
- Basic Data Setup
- Data Import/Export
- System Architecture
- Development Environments
- Model Driven Architecture
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Designs and architects Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s.
- Hands-on experience in multiple Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV since 2004.
- Taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning.
Ignacio is a Senior Solutions Architect, Civil Engineer and Certified Expert Trainer. He has been designing and architecting Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s, and has extensive experience developing scalable and high performance integration solutions. In 2004, Ignacio expanded into business management and accounting software as well, where he gained hands-on experience in many Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV.
Ignacio holds a library of industry-wide certifications from Microsoft and other leading IT vendors. He has taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning and is revered by students for his wide-ranging IT expertise.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top