80230A: Project Series in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010
This 3-day Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Series course explores project management from an accounting perspective. This course teaches you how to create Contracts, Projects, Cost Categories, and budgets. You also learn how to enter costs for projects and perform both Time & Materials and Progress Billing as well as revenue recognition. During this class, we discuss nearly every feature in Project Accounting.
- » This course is intended for people who would like to learn features and procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics GP Project Accounting. Project Accounting training is recommended for anyone who plans to implement, use, maintain, consult, or support Microsoft Dynamics GP. The class is targeted toward data entry clerks, administrators, office managers, and consultants who need to understand the technical aspects of Project Accounting and gain knowledge of the application functionality.
Back to Top
- » Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- » Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
Back to Top
- » Configure Contracts, Projects, and Cost Categories.
- » Set up and configure Billing Cycles to facilitate automated billing.
- » Create and assign rate tables to manage cost and billing rates.
- » Create and use Contract and Project Templates.
- » Use reports and inquiry windows in Project Accounting to extract whatever project related information is applicable to your business.
- » Perform maintenance on Project Accounting documents and maintenance records such as customers, employees, and vendors.
- » Perform all Project Accounting related data entry functions including customer invoicing and cost transactions (Timesheets, Employee Expenses, etc.).
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview and System Setup
- Product Relationships
- Key Concepts
- User Security
- User Project Accounting Setup
- Posting Setup
- Posting Accounts Setup
- Source Document Setup
- Audit Trail Codes Setup
- Module 2: Project Accounting Setup
- Project Accounting Setup
- Timesheet Setup
- Equipment Log Setup
- Miscellaneous Log Setup
- Inventory Transfer Setup
- Employee Expense Setup
- Purchasing Setup
- Billing Setup
- Unit of Measure Schedule Setup
- Module 3: Configuring Master Records
- Customer Class Setup
- Customer Maintenance
- Employee Class Setup
- Labor Overhead Calculation
- Employee Maintenance
- Project Access List
- Equipment Class Setup
- Equipment Maintenance
- Miscellaneous Class Setup
- Miscellaneous Maintenance
- Vendor Class Setup
- Vendor Maintenance
- Cost Category Class Setup
- Cost Category Maintenance
- Position Rate Table Maintenance
- Employee Rate Table Maintenance
- Equipment Rate Table Maintenance
- Billing Cycle Maintenance
- Revenue Recognition Cycle Maintenance
- Fee Maintenance
- Module 4: Contracts and Projects
- Contract Class Setup
- Contract Maintenance
- Project Class Setup
- Project Maintenance
- Template Maintenance
- Project Template Information
- Change Order Entry
- Module 5: Transaction Entry
- Transaction Entry Overview
- Transaction Entry
- Enter Timesheets
- Timesheet Line Item Information
- Enter Employee Expenses
- Employee Expense Line Item Information
- Enter Equipment Logs
- Equipment Log Line Item Information
- Enter Miscellaneous Logs
- Miscellaneous Log Line Item Information
- Module 6: Purchasing and Inventory
- Enter Purchase Orders
- Purchase Order Line Item Information
- Purchase Order Totals
- Drop-Ship Purchase Orders
- Save and Print the Purchase Order
- Enter Purchase Receivings
- Purchase Receivings Line Item Information
- Purchase Receivings Totals
- Verify Posting Accounts and Landed Cost
- Enter Purchase Invoice Transactions
- Purchase Invoice Line Item Information
- Edit Purchase Order Status
- Returns From Project Entry
- Enter Inventory Transfers
- Inventory Transfer Line Item Information
- Module 7: Billing and Revenue Recognition
- Enter Billing Invoices
- Billing Invoice Detail Information
- Time and Materials Billing
- Progress Billing
- Fee Billing
- Process Billing Cycle Batches
- Cash Receipts
- Enter Revenue Recognition Transactions
- Revenue Recognition Cycle Batch Processing
- Closing a Project
- Module 8: Maintaining Records
- Project Transaction Adjustment
- Void Posted Transactions
- Database Maintenance
- SmartList Objects
- Mass Contract Delete
- Remove Cost History
- Remove Billing History
- Create Combined History
- Project Accounting Recreate Periodic
- Reconcile Inventory Quantities
- Aging Process
- Aging WIP Process
- Paid Transaction Removal
- Close Fiscal Period
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
I would because they have quality teachers and great service!
- Donnie L.
» Microsoft Dynamics GP - Other
More testimonials »
Back to Top