Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Part 1
You will also maintain and administer your website with Dreamweaver's site and page management tools. The website and pages you create will reflect your content and design and will be professionally accurate for your site visitors.
The course covers the Adobe Web Communication using Dreamweaver CS6 objectives completely and can be used to help prepare students to take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam. This course is also designed to cover the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) exam objectives.
- » This course is most valuable for individuals who have been given responsibilities to create or maintain a website. It will also be valuable for new web designers, web developers, and graphic artists who want to extend their skills in creating complete websites. Learning how to use Dreamweaver CS6 will enable the practitioner to create web pages and sites in the most efficient manner.
Back to Top
- » You should have basic personal computing skills
Back to Top
- » Identify the capabilities of Dreamweaver CS6, the elements of design, and the technologies used in website production.
- » Describe the work and project planning required to create a website.
- » Create web pages and content elements for those pages.
- » Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to style page content.
- » Insert images and manage the image properties.
- » Create tables and import external content for the pages.
- » Create reusable web assets and page templates for other web pages.
- » Generate four types of links used in websites.
- » Conduct tests on the website and upload single pages, groups of pages, or entire websites to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your web server.
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Getting Started with Dreamweaver
- Web Basics
- The Dreamweaver Interface
- The Elements of Web Design
- Dreamweaver Help
- Lesson 2: Creating a Website
- Plan the Website Project
- Use Design Tools to Plan the Website
- Set Up the Website in Dreamweaver
- Lesson 3: Creating Web Pages
- Create Web Page Documents
- Add Head and Text Components to the Page
- Add Lists and Quotations
- Set Page Properties
- Lesson 4: Using CSS
- Create Styles and Selectors with CSS
- Use CSS to Format a Web Page
- Lesson 5: Inserting Images
- Insert Images
- Manage Image Properties with CSS
- Lesson 6: Inserting Tables and Importing Content
- Table Tags and Properties
- Import External Data
- Lesson 7: Creating Reusable Site Assets
- Create Reusable Site Assets
- Modify and Update Library Items
- Create and Use Page Templates
- Lesson 8: Linking Web Pages
- Create Common Hyperlinks to Site Pages
- Create Links to Page Locations
- Create Email Links
- Image Maps and Linking
- Navigation and Rollovers
- Lesson 9: Sending the Website to the Web Server
- Validate the Website
- Upload Files to the Web Server
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Adobe Certified Expert and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+)
- A.A.S. in Commercial Art - Computer Graphics Specialization.
- Graphic Designer Specialist, including advanced photo retouching and color correction, masking, realistic photo collages, preparation of complex digital files for commercial output, digital illustration and complex vector graphics
Beata Bogaczewicz is a highly accomplished, results driven Graphic Designer and Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), bringing over fourteen years of combined graphic design, creative production, technical training and project management experience. She is an Adobe Certified Expert with a multitude of Adobe certifications including Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert and Adobe Illustrator Certified Expert.
Her signature teaching style involves breaking down complex topics to their core basics so they are easily and comfortably understood by each learner. She not only explains how features work but also why and when they should be used to gain the best results. Her hands on approach makes memorizing effortless while promoting creative thinking.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top
Excellent Instructor! Very clear instructions, easy to understand, patient and a good sense of humour
Vijayanti R.Course(s) Taken
» Adobe Graphic and Web Designer CS5 (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
I wish NetCom offered the next level of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop classes. I would like to learn more and feel that it is necessary for me to go beyond the basics offered to excel in my field of fashion design.
» Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Combo
Brian McClain was a fantastic instructor who really taught me more than I thought that I could even learn. His knowledge was fantastic.
» Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Combo
More testimonials »
Back to Top