Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 - CWLMS
Implementing CiscoWorks LMS (CWLMS) v4.0 teaches learners how to use the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) 4.0 to manage their network. The focus is to find the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network inventory, manage device configurations, control software updates, monitor performance, troubleshoot faults, and simplify the deployment of new Cisco technologies.
- » The primary audience for this course is Network administrators and Network managers
- » .
Back to Top
- » Describe fundamental network management concepts and introduce the features of CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- » Install CiscoWorks LMS 4.0, log into the portal for the first time, and use the Getting Started workflow to configure the server
- » Explore and customize the dashboards in My Menu, manage portlets, and change the portal layout
- » Manage the network device inventory
- » Manage network device configurations and software images.
- » Monitor and troubleshoot the network
- » Use the Work Centers to perform complete lifecycle management of network devices
- » Perform advanced administration tasks in CiscoWorks LMS
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 1: Defining Network Management
- Lesson 2: Exploring the Network Management Process
- Lesson 3: Introducing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Module 2: Getting Started
- Lesson 1: Installing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 2: Logging into CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 3: Using the Getting Started Workflow
- Module 3: My Menu
- Lesson 1: Understanding My Menu
- Lesson 2: Managing Dashboards, Portlets, and Portal Layout
- Module 4: Inventory Management
- Lesson 1: Collecting Inventory and End User Information
- Lesson 2: Performing Device Administration
- Lesson 3: Viewing and Creating Inventory, User Tracking, and Switch Port Reports
- Lesson 4: Using Inventory Tools
- --Module 5: Configuration and Software Management
- Lesson 1: Managing the Configuration Archive
- Lesson 2: Verifying Configuration Compliance
- Lesson 3: Using Configuration Tools
- Lesson 4: Using Configuration Workflows
- Module 6: Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Visualizing the Network with Topology Services
- Lesson 2: Monitoring Network Performance
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Network Response Time
- Lesson 4: Monitoring Syslog Messages
- Lesson 5: Monitoring Network Faults
- Lesson 6: Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Module 7: CiscoWorks LMS Work Centers
- Lesson 1: Using the Smart Install Work Center
- Lesson 2: Using the Identity Work Center
- Lesson 3: Using the Auto Smartports Work Center
- Lesson 4: Using the EnergyWise Work Center
- Module 8: CiscoWorks LMS Administration
- Lesson 1: Using the Trust Management Menu
- Lesson 2: Managing Collection Settings
- Lesson 3: Performing Network Administration Tasks
- Lesson 4: Performing System Administration Tasks
- Lesson 5: Performing Other Administrative Tasks
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top