CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 Course Description
Implementing CiscoWorks LMS (CWLMS) v4.0 teaches learners how to use the CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution (LMS) 4.0 to manage their network. The focus is to find the correct tools within CiscoWorks to document the network inventory, manage device configurations, control software updates, monitor performance, troubleshoot faults, and simplify the deployment of new Cisco technologies.
Intended Audience for the CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 Course
- The primary audience for this course is Network administrators and Network managers
Training Packages & Learning Plans that include the CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 Course
CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 Course Objectives
- Describe fundamental network management concepts and introduce the features of CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Install CiscoWorks LMS 4.0, log into the portal for the first time, and use the Getting Started workflow to configure the server
- Explore and customize the dashboards in My Menu, manage portlets, and change the portal layout
- Manage the network device inventory
- Manage network device configurations and software images.
- Monitor and troubleshoot the network
- Use the Work Centers to perform complete lifecycle management of network devices
- Perform advanced administration tasks in CiscoWorks LMS
CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 Course Outline
- Module 1: Introduction to CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 1: Defining Network Management
- Lesson 2: Exploring the Network Management Process
- Lesson 3: Introducing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Module 2: Getting Started
- Lesson 1: Installing CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 2: Logging into CiscoWorks LMS 4.0
- Lesson 3: Using the Getting Started Workflow
- Module 3: My Menu
- Lesson 1: Understanding My Menu
- Lesson 2: Managing Dashboards, Portlets, and Portal Layout
- Module 4: Inventory Management
- Lesson 1: Collecting Inventory and End User Information
- Lesson 2: Performing Device Administration
- Lesson 3: Viewing and Creating Inventory, User Tracking, and Switch Port Reports
- Lesson 4: Using Inventory Tools
- â?¢Module 5: Configuration and Software Management
- Lesson 1: Managing the Configuration Archive
- Lesson 2: Verifying Configuration Compliance
- Lesson 3: Using Configuration Tools
- Lesson 4: Using Configuration Workflows
- Module 6: Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Visualizing the Network with Topology Services
- Lesson 2: Monitoring Network Performance
- Lesson 3: Monitoring Network Response Time
- Lesson 4: Monitoring Syslog Messages
- Lesson 5: Monitoring Network Faults
- Lesson 6: Using Troubleshooting Tools
- Module 7: CiscoWorks LMS Work Centers
- Lesson 1: Using the Smart Install Work Center
- Lesson 2: Using the Identity Work Center
- Lesson 3: Using the Auto Smartports Work Center
- Lesson 4: Using the EnergyWise Work Center
- Module 8: CiscoWorks LMS Administration
- Lesson 1: Using the Trust Management Menu
- Lesson 2: Managing Collection Settings
- Lesson 3: Performing Network Administration Tasks
- Lesson 4: Performing System Administration Tasks
- Lesson 5: Performing Other Administrative Tasks
Benefits of taking the CWLMS - Implementing CiscoWorks LMS v4.0 course at NetCom
Why choose Cisco Training at NetCom Learning?
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the year out of 1400 training companies.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See the training value proposition below:
NetCom provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Award winning, world-class Instructors
- Phenom in the IT industry, earned her first Microsoft certification at age 15.
- B.B.A in Management along with numerous Cisco, Microsoft, and CompTIA certifications.
- Database designer and network administrator background.
Amanda is a phenom in the IT industry. The daughter of NetCom Learning Instructor and Subject Matter Expert, Michael Govinda, Amanda was a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer at age 15 and began earning Cisco credentials at 17. She also holds a B.B.A in Management and worked as a database designer and network administrator in the IT department of a top New York City publishing firm.
Amanda currently teaches CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+, as well as Cisco CCNA and CCNA Voice courses at NetCom Learning, garnering much acclaim from her students who enjoy a close-to-perfect pass rate on their certification exams. Amanda is a certified trainer for Cisco and CompTIA, and holds numerous technical certifications including Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security, CCSI, CCNP, CCVP, MCSE, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, and CompTIA Security+.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way ï¿½ very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert â?? he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE â?? William is one of NetComâ??s top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Actual Client Testimonials
||Dec 20 2013
|Overall great experience from the professional knowledgeable instructor to friendly front desk and excellent educational consultant. I enjoyed the bagels in the morning as well.
- CCNA and CCENT Certification (ICND1 and ICND2)
||Oct 02 2013
|Taking the ICND1 at NetCom allowed me to get a better understanding into Cisco certification. Topics were well covered as well. The class structure lends itself well, having multiple breaks while also having water and snacks offered was greatly appreciated.
- Steve M.
Awards won by NetCom
NetCom Learning is an award winning, customer focused company. We are simply Passionate About Learning!
See our list of awards.
Specialized Boot Camp Training
This training is also available as a boot camp. NetCom is world famous for delivering specialized boot camp training to our clients.
For answers to questions regarding our boot camp training delivery format, please refer to our Boot Camp FAQ section.
Training Delivery Methods
Take this training with one of the following training delivery methods
NetCom’s classroom training ensures that you have state-of-the-art tools, techniques and practices you need to succeed on the job. Our instructors are active practitioners and true masters in their fields. With convenient classes at multiple learning centers across the US, you never have to go far to get ahead.
Boot Camp Training
NetCom’s intensive boot camps are designed to advance your skills in the shortest possible amount of time and get you certified. Boot camps go at a faster pace and often run for longer days, so you must have some level of subject matter experience before enrolling. Boot camps have mandatory assessment tests to ensure no one will slow down the class for other students. Learn more about Boot Camps
Private Onsite Training
With NetCom’s private training programs, you decide where and when courses are held. Tailor the training to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique. Save money by doing bulk customized training.Learn more about Private Onsite Training
Private 1-on-1 Training
NetCom’s private 1-on-1 training focuses on the highest quality training possible. You get individualized, full attention from the instructor and you decide where and when courses are held. The training is custom tailored to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique.Learn more about Private 1-on-1 Training
Duration: 5 days (40 hours)
to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live
with a Learning Consultant.
Need course pricing?|
Need more information?
Worried about financing?