Cisco Secure Access Control System ACS v5.2 (Professional)
This course teaches students how to provide secure access to network resources by using the Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) version 5.2, which interoperates with security features in Cisco IOS Software.
Students will gain a thorough understanding of the operation of the Cisco Secure ACS to control access to network services and devices. Course subjects include the principles of authentication (identifying users and devices in order to control access to networks, services, and devices), authorization (restricting the functions that users can perform on services and devices) and accounting (to track the activities of users). The RADIUS, TACACS+, Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP), and IEEE 802.1X protocols are discussed in theory and practice as the basis of network security. Specific methods and configurations are shown that can be used in your production networks to achieve targeted and detailed control objectives. The course includes hands-on labs to provide direct experience in configuring Cisco Secure ACS and Cisco network devices.
- » Describe the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols
- » Compare and contrast the various ACS solutions: ACS Express, Enterprise, ACS on VMware, Cisco Secure ACS -1120 Series and Cisco Secure ACS -1121
- » List the main components of Cisco Secure ACS
- » Install Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
- » Use a setup script during Cisco Secure ACS install
- » Describe how licensing works with the Cisco Secure ACS
- » Understand attributes, value types, and values
- » Configure the different types of AAA clients
- » Access network resources and AAA clients
- » Configure local identity store and identity store sequence
- » Understand users and identity stores
- » Configure an external identity store with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- » Describe the fundamentals of LDAP
- » Set up of external identity store with active directory
- » Perform authentication, command authorization, and accounting with TACACS
- » Monitor and Troubleshoot Cisco Secure ACS
- » Configure and troubleshoot digital certificates self-signed by Cisco Secure ACS using local certificate authority (CA)
- » Describe and configure IEEE 802.1X and EAP
- » Configure Cisco Secure ACS environments with IEEE 802.1X and Windows XP clients
- » Configure IEEE 802.1X for Single Host Authentication
- » Troubleshoot IEEE 802.1X
Back to Top
- Identity Management Solution Overview
- Product Overview and Initial Configuration
- Advanced Cisco Secure ACS Configuration and Device Management
- IEEE 802.1x with Cisco Secure ACS v5.2
- System Operations
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top