50413: Mastering Microsoft Project 2010
This three-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills plan and manage projects using Microsoft Project 2010. The course focuses on preparing the user to pass Microsoft Exam 70-178 Managing Projects Using Microsoft Project 2010. This course is eligible for SATV's. To get the most from any project management software, the user must understand the project management techniques upon which the software is based. This course presents the most popular project management software in the context of how a project manager will use it. Participants in this course learn the functions of the software and the project management concepts which make the software effective.
This presentation begins with the basic concepts and leads participants through all the functions they'll need to plan and manage a small to medium-sized project, including how to level resources and capture both cost and schedule progress. The course uses a combination of learning methods in teaching this course. It takes the approach of we will discuss what we are going to show the student, demonstrate to the student and have the student perform an exercise or follow the steps of the instructor in learning a new concept or feature.
This course is lectured based coupled with click-alongs and labs to complete. Our goal is to maximize the time students have their fingers on the keyboard. To do this, we have traditional exercises within nearly every lesson, and "Click Along" demonstrations. Each Click-Along is indicated with a special icon in the margin of the student manual. Students should be able to follow the instructor through these demonstrations. The labs will be noted in the syllabus as exercises to follow the nomenclature that is being used in the student manual.
Don't let your SATVs expire - put them to work for your organization today. Reserve your seat for the SATV eligible courses. To place your schedule request call at 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
- » This course is intended for both novice and experienced Project Managers and projects support personnel who need to apply the discipline of project management using Microsoft Project Professional/Standard 2010.
Back to Top
- » Understand the discipline of project management as it applies to using Project.
- » Learn how to leverage the new Graphic User Interface.
- » Create a Work Breakdown Structure.
- » Identify Task Relationships.
- » Define Resources within Project.
- » Make Work Package Estimates.
- » Create an Initial Schedule.
- » Create a Resource Leveled Schedule.
- » Manage and track the project through the software.
- » Format Output and Print Reports.
- » Integrate Multiple Projects.
- » Set up a Project with a Calendar, Start date, and scheduling method.
- » Understand Manually Schedule vs. Auto Schedule.
- » Manage multiple projects.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Steven has 20 years of experience in training areas in the pharmaceutical, financial, consumer products industries, and more.
- As a technologist with a specialty in data and project management, Steve has been responsible for leading development teams from the creation of a product through the entire project life cycle to the sales of the product.
- Steven has worked with both state and federal agencies in creating and deploying
corporate solutions in a variety of areas.
Over the years, Steven has developed and implemented professional development
programs for several Fortune 100 companies. Steven is a consultant on SharePoint Project/Server deployments and is currently involved in providing PMO training in corporate settings.
Steven is an experienced trainer, holding Microsoft Trainer certifications in several areas.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft.
- Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us.
- Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- IT specialist for over 30 years and Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 1995.
- Microsoft SharePoint expert since 2001.
- Microsoft Lync Server top instructor.
Richard has been an IT professional for over 30 years and a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 1995. He has been working with Microsoft SharePoint since the first version was released in 2001; an accomplished courseware designer he was recently selected by Microsoft to contribute to the official SharePoint 2010 courseware. Richard's boot camp students enjoy unprecedented pass-rates and scores on their certification exams.
Richard's specialties include Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7, SQL Server and Windows Server 2008. His latest passion is Microsoft Lync Server, where he is already distinguishing himself as a leading subject matter expert.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
- Specialist in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, FrontPage, and Access. Microsoft Office Specialist and Microsoft Office Master.
- Degree in Information and Business Technology from South Bank University - United Kingdom.
- Business professional since 1992 and Information Technology instructor since 2003.
Vijayanti has been a business professional for over 20 years and an Information Technology instructor for over 10 years. She is a Microsoft Office Specialist and a Microsoft Office Master with a degree in Information and Business Technology from South Bank University in the UK.
Vijayanti also trained and qualified as an Information and Communications Technology Teacher. She has been working at Netcom Learning as a Software Instructor with an extensive know-how in Microsoft Office Suites.
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University. He has a great skill set in analyzing data, specifically using Python and a variety of modules and libraries. He hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of the Python programming language and its ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. He is the creator of some of most popular Python Udemy courses including "Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization" and "The Complete Python Bootcamp". With almost 30,000 enrollments Jose has been able to teach Python and its Data Science libraries to thousands of students. Jose is also a published author, having recently written "NumPy Succintly" for Syncfusion's series of e-books.
Back to Top