The CompTIA Network+ certification is an international industry credential that validates the knowledge of networking professionals. This course teaches the fundamentals of networking and prepares students for the Network+ certification exam. Through hands-on training and exercises students learn the vendor-independent skills and concepts necessary for all networking professionals.
In order to be certified in the latest version of CompTIA Network+, students have to pass exam N10-004: Network+ Certification
The exam addresses the latest skills needed by technicians, such as basic principles on how to secure a network. The exam covers network technologies, media and topologies, devices, management, tools and security. Although not a prerequisite, it is recommended that CompTIA Network+ candidates have at least nine months of experience in network support or administration or academic training, along with a CompTIA A+ certification.
NetCom's Network+ courseware has received a ProCert rating of 5.0 out of 5.0!
Intended Audience for the Network+ Certification Course
Network+ Certification is suited for computer technicians who are searching for a challenging career in the administration and support of complex internetworking environments.
Anyone who wants to learn about fundamentals of Networking and TCP/IP.
Training Packages & Career Tracks that include the Network+ Certification Course
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the year out of 1400 training companies.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See the training value proposition below:
Why CompTIA Training at NetCom?
NetCom Learning is a proud member of the CompTIA Learning Alliance. NetCom is also a Platinum level CompTIA Authorized Partner, the highest level of recognition as a CompTIA training provider. Make sure you invest in quality authorized training so your hard-earned money does not go to waste. It does make a difference!
CompTIA Learning Alliance Value Proposition:
CompTIA Learning Alliance
Non-authorized Training Center
Only CompTIA Certified Instructors are authorized to teach the class
Not required, non qualified instructors can teach the class
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
- Phenom in the IT industry, earned her first Microsoft certification at age 15. - B.B.A in Management along with numerous Cisco, Microsoft, and CompTIA certifications. - Database designer and network administrator background.
Amanda is a phenom in the IT industry. The daughter of NetCom Learning Instructor and Subject Matter Expert, Michael Govinda, Amanda was a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer at age 15 and began earning Cisco credentials at 17. She also holds a B.B.A in Management and worked as a database designer and network administrator in the IT department of a top New York City publishing firm.
Amanda currently teaches CompTIA A+, Network+, and Security+, as well as Cisco CCNA and CCNA Voice courses at NetCom Learning, garnering much acclaim from her students who enjoy a close-to-perfect pass rate on their certification exams. Amanda is a certified trainer for Cisco and CompTIA, and holds numerous technical certifications including Cisco Certified Network Associate-Security, CCSI, CCNP, CCVP, MCSE, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+, and CompTIA Security+.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark; - Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000. - Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst) - Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master. - Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP. - Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning. - Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way � very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences - In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI. - Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications. - Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio�s skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. - Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006. - Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning�s classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications. - Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems. - More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), and CompTIA Project+. - Won NetCom Learning "Instructor of the Year" Award in 2008 and 2009. - Over 20 years of Project Management experience in Fortune 500 financial firms.
Jeff Furman is a highly experienced trainer, course developer, IT project manager and certified PMP with more than 20 years experience for Fortune 500 financial firms. His classes have helped numerous application developers learn new skills that have helped their companies as well as their careers.
He has eight years of experience as a full-time technical trainer and has developed curriculum for New York Life Insurance Company, Prudential Securities, and New York University, where he developed and taught many widely-attended classes ranging from programming languages to development and testing tools.
As an IT manager, Jeff has led application and system support teams, as well as Change Management groups and QA-testing teams. He also has written articles published in leading IT publications including ComputerWorld.
- Experience teaching beginner to advanced software engineering and development classes - Architectured NetCom Learning's Mobile Development Professional training package (Android & iPhone) - Acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Mark is an accomplished web and mobile development trainer and Subject Matter Expert. He has been teaching beginner to advanced software engineering and development classes since 2005. With an extensive background in corporate programming he easily understands the impact of new technologies and the knowledge developers need to succeed.
Most recently Mark architectured NetCom Learning's Mobile Development Professional training package (Android & iPhone) to much critical acclaim. Mark's passion and aptitude for the subject matter is abundant, and clearly evident in his near-perfect post-class evaluation scores (8.7 out of 9) and praise from clients.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. - An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses. - High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
The CTT+ class was excellent. The content was great and the instructor was fantastic. Josh, the instructor, really understands what is required to be a great instructor and demonstrates the subject matter clearly and effectively. I would take another class from Josh any time.
NetCom’s classroom training ensures that you have state-of-the-art tools, techniques and practices you need to succeed on the job. Our instructors are active practitioners and true masters in their fields. With convenient classes at multiple learning centers across the US, you never have to go far to get ahead.
NetCom’s premium Live Online Training (we call it LOT) is the ultimate in convenience and cost-effectiveness. LOT combines interactive video instruction via the latest web conference technology, and post-class access to learning labs for a best-in-class learning experience. Learn more about LOT
NetCom’s intensive boot camps are designed to advance your skills in the shortest possible amount of time and get you certified. Boot camps go at a faster pace and often run for longer days, so you must have some level of subject matter experience before enrolling. Boot camps have mandatory assessment tests to ensure no one will slow down the class for other students. Learn more about Boot Camps
With NetCom’s private training programs, you decide where and when courses are held. Tailor the training to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique. Save money by doing bulk customized training. Learn more about Private Onsite Training
NetCom’s private 1-on-1 training focuses on the highest quality training possible. You get individualized, full attention from the instructor and you decide where and when courses are held. The training is custom tailored to reflect your industry, corporate culture, goals and schedule. You pick the course content, length of training and instructional technique. Learn more about Private 1-on-1 Training