Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
The Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) training class is a two-day learning experience that provides students a full immersion into Agile principles and the concepts and practices that define the Scrum framework. CSM course is conducted by Certified Scrum Trainers (CST).
Note: All names, trademarks, certification marks are proprietary to Scrum Alliance, Inc. (SA).
- » The origins of Agile development and the values and principles that define it
- » The essential values, roles, meetings, and artifacts that define the Scrum framework
- » Specific practices that support designing and delivering great products within the framework
- » Help your product owner get the product backlog in shape
- » Identify and remove obstacles
- » Facilitate release planning events
- » Facilitate Sprint meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective
- » Use Scrum artifacts and visibility tools for tracking and facilitating decision-making
- » Use Scrum to help your team and organization improve
Back to Top
- General Knowledge
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Empirical and defined processes
- The Significance of Done
- The Five Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- Product Owner
- Single Overall Product Owner per Product
- Organizational Respect
- The Team
- Team Characteristics
- Impacton on Traditional Roles
- No Project Manager
- Scrum Meetings
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Management and Refinement
- Responsibility and Participation
- Item Readiness
- Item Estimation
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Definition of Product Increment
- Development of a Product Increment
- Definition of Done (DoD)
- Understanding the DoD
- Sprint Backlog
- Update Scope
- Update Frequency
- Burndown Charts
- Sprint Burndown Chart
- Release Burndown Chart
- Scaling Scrum
- Working with Multiple Scrum Teams
- Scaling Teams
- Scaling Product Owners
- Scaling the Product Backlog
- Scaling the Sprint Meetings
- Working with Distributed Scrum Teams
- Product Owner in a Different Location
- Scrum Team Split among Different Locations
- Importance of Infrastructure and Engineering Practices
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top