CompTIA CDIA+ Certification
CompTIA's CDIA (Certified Document Imaging Architect) certification is a nationally recognized credential acknowledging competency and professionalism in the document imaging industry. CDIA Certification candidates must possess critical knowledge of all major areas and technologies used to plan, design and specify an imaging system.
While businesses continue to turn to electronic document management solutions, it becomes obvious that a certified expert in document imaging can open the door to a vast quantity of business opportunities in electronic commerce.
CompTIA's Certified Document Imaging Architecht (CDIA+) certification is an industry-recognized credential that represents an individual's proficiency in the skills necessary to excel in the document imaging industry.
The CDIA+ certification covers the fundamentals and procedures required of a proficient imaging solutions provider. The CDIA+ exam covers competency in areas established by an assembly of document management experts.
The areas of content integrated in the current course include the following subjects: gather business requirements, analyze business process, recommend solution, design solution, and plan for the implementation. The knowledge is distributed somewhat evenly throughout the content areas compared to many current certifications.
This is further evidence of the CDIA+'s validity in representing a well-rounded skill set in the document management industry.
- » Candidate whose job roles include electronic document management (EDM) consultant, solution sales specialist, electronic records manager or document imaging specialist.
Back to Top
- » Enterprise Content Management
- » Capture
- » Storage and Networking
- » Security and Compliance
- » Analysis, Design, and Implementation
Back to Top
- Enterprise Content Management
- Explain the proper uses of index, search, and retrieval.
- Taxonomy / business classification schema
- Metadata structure
- Document classes
- Application connectivity (ODBC)
- Full text search
- Enterprise / federated search
- Search fuzzy and Boolean operators
- Explain the function and use of workflow.
- Repeatable processes
- Sequential processes
- Parallel processes
- Queues and roles
- Business rules
- Timers and alerts/notifications
- Workflow status
- Workflow examples
- Purchase order process
- Time and expense process
- Invoice process
- Employee on-boarding/off-boarding
- Approval process
- Escalation process
- Workload balancing
- External rules and external BPM systems
- Explain how collaborative capabilities are used.
- Version history
- User tracking and logging
- Check-in and check-out
- Simultaneous editing / real-time collaboration / co-authoring
- Redactions (manual vs. auto)
- Compare and contrast document presentation and output features.
- Document scale
- Viewer distortion
- Output integrity
- Document viewer features
- Color correct
- Zoom / zone
- Precision measuring
- Document navigation and pagination (thumbnails)
- Viewer types
- Web-based (browsers)
- Vendor specific
- Universal document viewers
- Remote viewing
- Peak-query requirements
- File print methods
- Print to file
- Print output languages
- Explain the purpose of content lifecycles.
- Content purpose and changes
- Content storage and archival (long term preservation)
- Content permissions and changes
- Content retention / deletion
- Audit trails
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate input sources and methods.
- Cell phone
- Hot-folder / watch-folder
- Email and email attachments
- Desktop uploads / document import
- Capture at creation / point of origination
- Structured data transferred into another system (EDI)
- Centralized or distributed capture
- Batch capture
- Barcode readers
- External keyboards
- RFID tag reader
- Screen-scraping to collect index values
- Given a scenario, implement document scanning technologies and processes.
- Capture processing steps
- Document preparation
- Quality control
- Scanner drivers
- Document preparation
- Physical preparation of the documents
- Staple removal
- Scanner settings
- Image cleanup
- Color dropout
- Blank page removal
- Hardware vs. software cleanup
- Automatic document feeder vs. flatbed
- Paper feed detection / paper size detection
- Simplex vs. duplex
- Maximum duty cycle / throughput expectation
- Stated vs. actual throughput
- Embedded vs. external keyboard input
- Endorsing and imprinting
- Scanner types
- Personal PC attached
- Workgroup level
- Network production scanner
- High volume
- Specialty scanners
- Large format
- Hand scanners
- Cards scanners
- Given a scenario, differentiate recognition methodologies and technologies.
- Separator sheets
- Cover sheets
- Patch codes
- Intelligent capture
- Attended vs. unattended
- Unstructured forms recognition
- Data grouping/clustering
- Associative matching
- Export data
- Semi-structured forms recognition
- Structured forms recognition
- Document capture vs. data capture
- Exception processing
- Forms types and metadata validation
- Database vs. manual
- Quality control
- Registration marks / anchors
- Explain the purpose of metadata file properties.
- Index values
- Extracted or derived values
- Time and date stamp
- Auto defined based on document type
- Prompted at the device (MFP)
- XML tags
- Folder level
- Import file types
- Differentiate between various physical file properties and their impact.
- Estimate storage or network bandwidth needs based on file size and types
- File encryption
- Resolution (dpi)
- File types
- File sizes
- Lossy vs. Lossless
- Grayscale (bitonal)
- Black and white
- Storage and Networking
- Explain the various storage media types and their associated properties.
- Magnetic disk
- Optical disk
- NAND flash memory
- Media degradation
- Explain appropriate storage methods and their features.
- I/O speeds
- Access speed
- WORM (Write-once read many)
- Eye readable format
- Direct-attached disk / local drive
- Compare and contrast various storage strategies.
- Tiered storage
- Metrics and reporting
- Frequency of use
- Date of creation
- Type of data
- Date of modification
- Hybrid storage
- Hierarchical Storage Management
- Explain the basics of network connectivity and hardware solutions.
- Network connectivity
- Connectivity types
- 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Client-server network
- Shared bandwidth
- Wireless vs. wired
- LAN vs. WAN
- Hardware solutions
- Workstation/server hardware considerations
- Processing power
- Thin client
- Thick client
- Security and Compliance
- Explain the basics of records management.
- Records value
- Digital retention requirements
- Legal holds
- Physical archival requirements
- Disposition process
- Awareness of governmental regulations and policies
- Awareness of industry standards and best practices
- Explain different access security methods.
- Authentication vs. authorization vs. audit
- Single sign-on
- Two factor authentication (card swipe and pin/password)
- Role-based access
- Group policy
- Explain various elements of network security.
- Directory services
- Active directory
- Encrypted passwords / no clear text
- Data encryption
- Given a scenario, implement appropriate document and information security.
- Document privileges
- Types of deletions
- Metadata vs. full document
- Secure deletion / forensic deletion
- Secure printing
- Library services
- Version control
- Check-in and check-out
- PDF security
- Digital signatures
- Analysis, Design, and Implementation
- Identify the basics of project management.
- Stakeholders (IT, HR, end-users, procurement)
- Executive sponsor
- Project manager
- Project management team
- Project initiation
- Monitor and control
- PM terms
- Change management
- Risk management
- Scope creep
- Communication plan
- Project sign-off
- Proof of concept
- Schedule / GANTT
- PERT chart
- Document types
- Execute appropriate requirement gathering techniques.
- Document client objectives
- Identify operational business needs
- Analyze the process
- Gather metrics
- Document current state as is
- Identify bottlenecks and issues
- Gather sample documents and current process documentation
- Number of users
- Targeted surveys
- Technical survey vs. business survey
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and/or introduction of new technologies
- Understand corporate culture and organizational hierarchy
- Analyze collected data and validate client requirements.
- Data validation
- Requirements validation
- Targeted presentations
- Gap analysis
- Map existing business processes to future state
- Map business requirements to benefits of solution
- Develop return on investment calculation (ROI)
- Analog vs. digital
- Shipping documents vs. remote capturing
- Staff efficiency
- Managed services vs. in-house
- Onshore vs. offshore
- Paper storage vs. electronic storage
- Green calculation (carbon footprint)
- Mail vs. electronic distribution
- Customer service improvements
- Quality and accuracy of data
- Client sign-off
- Structure a solution design according to specified requirements.
- Develop a solution design plan
- Quantify alternative solutions when necessary
- Develop functional specification
- User interface
- Develop technical specification
- Security/compliance requirements
- Hardware/software/network interoperability
- Recommend scanner based on volume
- Turnaround time
- File size
- Duty cycle
- Develop applicable diagrams
- High-level workflow diagrams
- Recommend relevant / current technologies based on customer requirements
- Customer environment
- Unique challenges
- Competitive environment
- Distributed scanning vs. centralized scanning
- Simulation / modeling of core components of the solution
- Consider growth needs and scalability
- Explain business continuity concepts.
- Backup and restoration
- High availability / redundancy
- Disaster recovery plan
- Redundancy of scanner hardware / availability based on SLA, maintenance
- Apply implementation and testing procedures.
- Develop implementation plan
- Installation and configuration guidelines
- Testing plan
- Capture tuning and optimization
- Administrative and end-user training
- Delivery of technical documentation
- Deliverables and acceptance
- Success criteria and measurement
- Gather on-going metrics and monitoring
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
- CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+), and CompTIA Project+.
- Won NetCom Learning "Instructor of the Year" Award in 2008 and 2009.
- Over 20 years of Project Management experience in Fortune 500 financial firms.
Jeff Furman is a highly experienced trainer, course developer, IT project manager and certified PMP with more than 20 years experience for Fortune 500 financial firms. His classes have helped numerous application developers learn new skills that have helped their companies as well as their careers.
He has eight years of experience as a full-time technical trainer and has developed curriculum for New York Life Insurance Company, Prudential Securities, and New York University, where he developed and taught many widely-attended classes ranging from programming languages to development and testing tools.
As an IT manager, Jeff has led application and system support teams, as well as Change Management groups and QA-testing teams. He also has written articles published in leading IT publications including ComputerWorld.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- NY State Certified instructor since 1998.
- Highly-skilled A+ and Network+ instructor; consistently scoring 9/9 on evaluation scores.
- Acclaimed by students to be a very knowledgeable and hands-on instructor, while mixing personal and professional experiences with training.
Owen has a NY State instructor license since 1998 and has been working in the industry since then. He is a Subject Matter Expert in A+ and Network+, consistently scoring 9/ 9 on student evaluation scores.
Owen brings real life situations into the classroom to help students better understand how the technology is being used and how to resolve issues. He is very acclaimed by his students for his knowledge and teaching techniques.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- IT Trainer with focus on A+ and Network+ since 1999.
- Top instructor at NetCom Learning since 2008, averaging 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores.
- Hands-on instructor, always well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas.
Raul is a highly-skilled IT instructor with over 13 years of experience in A+ and Network+ training. He has been teaching at NetCom Learning since 2008 and has averaged 8.8 out of 9 on evaluation scores since then.
Raul is recognized as a Subject Matter Expert due to his vast knowledge and teaching techniques. He is an adored trainer, very well known for engaging class participation and exchange of ideas, and his hands-on instruction approach makes him one of NetCom Learning??s top instructors.
- More than 25 years of know-how in the IT industry, including Product Engineering at Panasonic.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Subject Matter Expert with over 9 certifications.
- Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006, where has trained more than 1300 students.
Richard Brown is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Subject Matter Expert specializing in Microsoft and CompTIA. Richard has more than 25 years of experience in the IT industry with a successful career as Product and Network Engineer in Fortune 500 companies such as Panasonic.
A sought-after enterprise technician, Richard is a natural educator teaching beginner to advanced Server 2008 R2 and SharePoint 2010 as well as A+ and Network+ classes. Richard has trained more than 1300 students at NetCom Learning with an average evaluation score of 8.6 out of 9 since 2006.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Subject Matter Expert working in the network administration field since 1996.
- Holds 21 Microsoft Certifications.
- Consistently scores 9 out of 9 on student evaluations.
Ruzbeh Kheirabi has worked in network administration since 1996 and has extensive experience consulting, installing and customizing products required to provide robust networking for a diverse customer base. In addition, Ruzbeh got his first Microsoft certification in 2003 and since then he has added 20 more certifications.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Ruzbeh has conducted training in CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, as well as courses for Microsoft certifications (MCDST, MCSA, and MCSE) using Microsoft Official Curriculum. He masters 9 out of 9 on evaluation scores consistently and holds an all-time average score of 8.7.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
William "Glen" C.
- Highly experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989.
- CompTIA and Microsoft Windows Subject Matter Expert, holding several certifications from both vendors.
- Incomparable technical skills in Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008.
Glen is an experienced IT professional, working in the IT industry since 1989. His experience began over 20 years ago, when he used to install and maintain automated systems at Time Management Systems. At the same time Glen would build computers for friends and train them as well, and that is how he developed a passion for teaching.
Glen also holds several CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. As a Subject Matter Expert, he has a lot of experience developing hands-on Server 2008 training labs and curriculums, while also giving numerous lectures on CompTIA A+, Network +, and Security +, as well as Windows 7.
Back to Top
We had an exceptional instructor. The cleanliness for the entire facility was well beyond expectations. The food/beverages provided were absolutely unbelievable. The breakfasts, lunches, down to the morning/afternoon snacks were obviously prepared by a chef - incredible and healthy.
- Suzette K.
» CompTIA Server+ Certification
My experience with NetCom and this training site has been terrific. From the class training to the facility.
- Denise B.
» CompTIA Server+ Certification
I really enjoyed the class. I found all of the organizational and management techniques that I was looking for in the class.
Dewayne FordCourse(s) Taken
» CompTIA Project+
More testimonials »
Back to Top