HTML 4.01: Web Authoring - Level 1
If you have surfed the Internet, you undoubtedly have an idea of what Web pages are and have seen some of their capabilities and limitations. However, merely using the Web will not give you an understanding of how these pages are created. HTML 4.01: Web Authoring, Level 1 (Second Edition) is the first of three courses on the topic of creating Web pages with Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). This course presents the basics of this fundamental Web technology and enables you to create your own functional pages.
- » HTML 4.01: Web Authoring, Level 1 (Second Edition) is a hands-on instructional tool that lays the foundation for mastering this Web publishing language. It is a course intended for students who are interested in learning about how to create Web documents. Students who want to learn HTML for their own personal use or for business related purposes will all benefit equally.
- » To ensure your success, we recommend you possess the following: experience with Windows or Mac OS operating systems, mouse and word processing skills, and previous use of the Internet.
Back to Top
- » create a simple Web page.
- » add structure to content.
- » create links to Web pages.
- » modify the appearance of text.
- » create a data table.
Back to Top
- Creating a Web Page
- Create a Global Structure
- Add a Page Title
- Modify the Page Background
- Create Paragraphs
- Embed Images
- Structuring Content
- Create Headings
- Create Lists
- Notate Code
- Insert Horizontal Rules
- Control Line Breaks
- Group Elements
- Linking Web Pages
- Create Local Links
- Create Remote Links
- Create Image Links
- Formatting Text
- Apply Bold and Italics
- Modify Font Styles
- Create an Embedded Style Sheet
- Insert HTML Entities
- Creating Tables
- Create the Table Body
- Create Table Headers
- Modify the Table Structure
- Align Table Content
- Modify Table Background Colors
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science and several academic projects published over the years.
- Over 20 years of experience as a professor in local and foreign universities, and as a trainer focusing on Web Development.
- In-depth knowledge of programming, including MySQL, PHP, and AJAX.
Hisham holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science, in addition to having more than 20 years of experience as a professor and a trainer. His proven expertise, including a position as a Professor of the Department of Computer Science at Minia University Egypt, and a Professor of the Department of Computer Science at City University of New York, in MySQL, PHP, and AJAX is beyond comparison.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Hisham stays up to date with the latest news in Advanced Website Development. He shares his knowledge and experience in a very focused and clear way, which students find very enticing.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University. He has a great skill set in analyzing data, specifically using Python and a variety of modules and libraries. He hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of the Python programming language and its ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. He is the creator of some of most popular Python Udemy courses including "Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization" and "The Complete Python Bootcamp". With almost 30,000 enrollments Jose has been able to teach Python and its Data Science libraries to thousands of students. Jose is also a published author, having recently written "NumPy Succintly" for Syncfusion's series of e-books.
Back to Top