Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FIREPOWER200) - Security
Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense NGFW (FIREPOWER200) is an instructor-led course. This course is part of a portfolio of security courses designed to help businesses support and maintain their Cisco Firepower Threat Defense systems. This lab-intensive course introduces you to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and next-generation firewall (NGFW) security concepts. The course then leads you through the Cisco Firepower system. Among other powerful features, you become familiar with:(1) Firepower Threat Defense configuration (2) In-depth event analysis (3) NGIPS tuning and configuration You also become familiar with the latest platform features: file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more. The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest major features, and the role of policies in implementing the solution.
You learn how to deploy and manage Cisco Firepower Threat Defense devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery. You learn how to use and configure Threat Defense technology, including application control, security intelligence, NGFW, NGIPS, and network-based malware and file controls. Also, you learn how to take advantage of powerful tools, so you can perform more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file types and network-based malware. And you'll learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence. The course concludes with system and user administration tasks and Threat Defense system troubleshooting.
- » Network Security Specialist
- » Network administrators
- » Network Security Support Engineer
- » Security Administrator
- » Security Technician
Back to Top
- » Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- » Basic familiarity with firewall and IPS concepts
Back to Top
- » Learn how to deploy and manage Cisco Firepower Threat Defense devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery
- » How to use and configure Threat Defense technology, including application control, security intelligence, NGFW, NGIPS, and network-based malware and file controls
- » How to take advantage of powerful tools, so you can perform more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file types and network-based malware
- » Learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence
- » Concludes you with system and user administration tasks and Threat Defense system troubleshooting
Back to Top
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Overview
- Cisco Firepower System Setup
- QoS and NAT Implementation
- Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Implementing Access Control Policies
- Security Intelligence
- AMP for Networks Malware Protection
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network Analysis Policies
- Detailed Analysis Techniques
- System Administration
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Troubleshooting
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
Excellent sales cycle, found the applicable course in days. Very responsive, course catalog, registration forms delivered in hours. Very good instructor, geared toward certification test, shared a lot of valuable information.
- David K.
» Administering Cisco Voice and Unified Communications - ICOMM
More testimonials »
Back to Top