Cisco FirePOWER Services and Cloud Web Security Workshop v1.0
In the Cisco FirePOWER Services and Cloud Web Security Workshop, you will learn the key features of the ASA SFR module, configure the SFR with the FireSIGHT Management Center and implement Cloud Web Security using the ASA.
- » Network administrators, managers, coordinators
- » Anyone who requires advanced training on the ASA 5500-X using SFR and CWS
- » Security technicians, administrators, and engineers
Back to Top
- » There are no prerequisites for this course
Back to Top
- » Exploring the FireSIGHT Management Center
- » Edit and apply the initial system policy time synchronization settings to SFR Module
- » Apply the initial health policy to the SFR Module
- » Configure SFR Policy for a default Inline Intrusion Policy to use the Secure over Connectivity base IPS policy
- » Configure SFR Default Access Control policy to use the required File and IPS policy
- » Create and test user based access control policies
- » Configure File Polices to block malware
- » Attempt malware file transfers to trigger the malware blocking File Policy rule
- » Observe the IPS and Malware events in the FireSIGHT Management Center
- » Integrate FireSIGHT with Microsoft Active Directory using the Sourcefire User Agent for user and user-group based policies
- » Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security Integration
Back to Top
- Module 1: Cisco ASA FirePOWER (SFR) Module
- Installing Cisco ASA 5500-X Series FirePOWER (SFR) Module
- Cisco FireSIGHT Management Center (FSMC)
- Install and Setup the SFR
- Add the SFR to the FSMC
- Configure SFR policies using the FSMC
- Test SFR policies
- Examine Network Discovery
- Configure User Policies with Active Directory
- Module 2: Cisco ASA Cloud Web Security Integration
- Introducing Cisco ASA with Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Configuring Cisco ASA with Cisco Cloud Web Security
- Describing the Web Filtering Policy in Cisco ScanCenter
- Cisco FirePOWER Services and Cloud Web Security Workshop v1.0 Labs:
- Lab 1: Install and Set Up the ASA FirePOWER (SFR) Module
- Lab 2: Redirect Traffic and Add the SFR to FireSIGHT Management Center (FSMC)
- Lab 3: Edit Default Network Discovery, Configure IPS, File, and Access Control Policies
- Lab 4: Test the SFR Basic IPS Operations
- Lab 5: Test the SFR Basic Malware Protection Operations
- Lab 6: Examine the FireSIGHT Network Discovery Results
- Lab 7: Integrate FireSIGHT with Active Directory
- Lab 8: Setup and Test User Based Access Control Policy
- Lab 9: ASA Cloud Web Security Integration
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top