CCSA+CCSE Check Point Security Administration and Security Engineering Bundle (R77.30 GAiA)
This special CCSA and CCSE bundle covering Check Point Security Administration & Engineering (R77.30 GAiA) provides you with an understanding of the basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Security Gateway and Management Software Blades.
During this course, you will configure a Security Policy and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network, upgrading and configuring a Security Gateway, and implementing a virtual private network. This part prepares you for CCSA certification. The advanced part of the course provides you training on how to build, modify, deploy and troubleshoot Check Point Security Systems on the GAiA operating system. Hands-on lab exercises teach how to debug firewall processes, optimize VPN performance and upgrade Management Servers. This advanced part prepares you for CCSE certification.
- » This special combo or bundle course is recommended for Systems Administrators, Network Engineers, Security Managers, Support Analysts and any other IT professional working with Check Point Software Blades or seeking CCSA and CCSE certifications.
Back to Top
- » Introduction to Check Point technology
- » Deployment platforms
- » Introduction to the security policy
- » Monitoring traffic and connections
- » Using SmartUpdate
- » User management and authentication
- » Identity awareness
- » Introduction to Check Point VPNs
- » Check Point firewall technology
- » Troubleshooting Check Point firewall technology
- » Advanced upgrading concepts and practices
- » Clustering firewall, management concepts, and practices
- » Software acceleration features
- » Advanced VPN concepts and implementations
- » Reporting tools, deployment options, and features
Back to Top
- Check Point's unified approach to network management and key components
- Design a distributed environment and Install the Security Gateway in it
- Perform a backup and restore the current gateway installation from the command line
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups, and add or delete administrators from the command line
- Deploy gateways using the Gaia web interface
- Create & configure network, host, and gateway objects
- Using SmartDashboard verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the gateway
- Create a basic Rule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on corporate requirements
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless pgrades with minimal downtime
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and troubleshoot events using packet data
- Use packet data to generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts & traffic counters, view a gateway's status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity and monitor remote user access
- Monitor remote gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications
- Use SmartUpdate go apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1 gateways
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely
- Manage users to access the corporate LAN by using external databases
- Provide granular-level access to network resources using Identity Awareness
- Acquire user information used by the security gateway to control access
- Define access roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based, and gateway- based tunnels
- Perform a backup of a security gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow, and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test, and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for remote access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user-access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files, and command-line debug tools
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers
- Create events or use existing event definitions to generate reports on specific network traffic using SmartReporter and SmartEvent to provide industry compliance information to management
- Troubleshoot report generation given command-line tools and debug-file information
- Distributed Installations
- Stand-Alone Security Gateway Installations Lab 3: Common Tools
- Building a Security Policy Lab 5: Configure the DMZ
- Configure NAT
- Monitor with SmartView Tracker Lab 8: Client Authentication
- Identity Awareness
- Site-to-Site VPN between Corporate and Branch Office Lab 11: Upgrade to Check Point R77
- Core CLI Elements of Firewall Administration Lab 13: Migrate to a Clustering Solution
- Configure SmartDashboard to Interface with Active Directory Lab 15: Configure Site-to-Site VPNS with Third-Party Certificates
- Remote Access with Endpoint Security VPN Lab 17: SmartEvent and SmartReporter
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Back to Top
I want to express to you the delight it has been partnering with Rob, our educational consultant, on these 3 key education tracks for my team (Juniper, f5, Checkpoint). I had the liberty of sitting through the original week of Juniper training and experienced first hand the caliber of instructor/course material that Rob secured on our behalf. I was not able to attend the f5 training personally but received like reviews from my team. All in all I found the instruction was top notch, on topic and well delivered and am looking forward to the f5 training in the upcoming weeks.
From the inception Rob was pivotal in understanding our unique requirements and drafted a training schedule that was right on par for our needs. His attention to detail and willingness to understand our requirements directly attested to the successful training we have received. There is no denying that we faced some challenges throughout this engagement but I can say I am truly fortunate to of had Rob on the other side working through the issues. His sense of urgency, constant communication and professionalism were a godsend to say the least. The level of confidence and acumen protruded by Rob was unmatched by the other vendors and put my concerns at ease throughout the process. I wanted to personally thank you for providing such a talented professional such as Rob to this engagement and reiterate my thanks for having such within your employ.
» Check Point R75
More testimonials »
Back to Top