BPM Process Analysis Methods I
In this course, you will learn about business process management (BPM) process analysis and improvement methods and techniques, and how to make your organizations and business units process-oriented.
This interactive course uses a collaborative learning environment to teach best-practice processes that help organizations with the decomposition of a business unit or group within an enterprise. The course also offers hands-on demonstrations and a predefined case study exercise that are designed to reinforce the concepts and skills covered in the lectures.
The course begins with an overview of business process management and change management concepts. You will learn about managing upstream and downstream impacts and the cross-functional importance of processes to the overall objectives of an organization. The course explains important concepts and activities such as process analysis, process improvement, working with as-is and to-be processes, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN), and identifying and working with key performance indicators (KPIs).
- » This basic course is for all project team members involved in definition, implementation, and administration of a process solution, and provides in-depth knowledge for team members who serve in the BPM Analyst role.
Back to Top
- » Describe business process management (BPM) and its benefits to an organization
- » Document process opportunities and attach relevant references to clarify requirements
- » Map high-level activities and participants in a business process using Blueworks Live
- » Generate and refine a detailed process diagram using Blueworks Live
- » Establish a change management plan to garner acceptance and buy-in for process improvement initiatives
- » Document detailed processes through validation and enhancement of blueprints including key inputs and outputs, as well as known issues and impacts
- » Facilitate process discovery sessions
- » Create a detailed list of areas of opportunity
- » Generate a prioritized list of opportunities for improvement
- » Identify key performance indicators (KPIs) for a process
- » Identify next steps for process improvement initiatives
Back to Top
- Course introduction
- Business process management (BPM) overview
- Exercise: BPM assessment part I
- Exercise: BPM assessment part II
- Exercise: Case review and BPM
- Ensuring a process-driven culture
- Exercise: Process-driven culture assessment
- Exercise: Case review and process-driven culture
- Change management tools
- Exercise: Change management assessment
- Exercise: Case review and change management
- Introduction and Blueworks Live hands-on mapping
- Best practices and tips for discovery and blueprinting
- Analyzing the process using BPM methodology
- Exercise: Blueprinting the as-is process
- Process Value Add Analysis
- Exercise: Analyzing the as-is blueprint by Value Add Analysis
- Using a priority matrix as a roadmap for process improvements
- Exercise: Analyzing the as-is problems and prioritizing improvements
- Blueprinting the to-be process
- Exercise: Creating a to-be blueprint
- Exercise: Preparing user stories for estimation
- Key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Exercise: Identifying key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Importing the to-be process into WebSphere Lombardi Edition
- Playback Zero
- Process Optimizer
- Course summary
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top