Symantec NetBackup 7.5 for UNIX: Administration
This Symantec NetBackup 7.5: Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on the functionality of Symantec NetBackup 7.5 software. This course covers the general principles of using NetBackup to develop and implement a storage management strategy.
- » This course is for entry-level system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, and system integration staff who are responsible for the installation, configuration, design, operation, monitoring, and performance optimization of NetBackup.
Back to Top
- » Install, configure, and operate NetBackup 7.5.
- » Manage NetBackup using the graphical interfaces, commands, and scripts.
- » Provide service protection and recovery.
- » Use the NetBackup Activity Monitor, NetBackup reports, and OpsCenter to monitor NetBackup activity.
Back to Top
- Introducing NetBackup
- Introduction to data protection
- The NetBackup environment
- NetBackup concepts
- NetBackup options and agents
- Installing NetBackup
- Preparing for NetBackup installation and configuration
- Using the pre-installation utility
- Installing your NetBackup environment
- Installing NetBackup clients
- Verifying your NetBackup installation
- Using the NetBackup Administrative Interfaces
- The NetBackup Administration Console
- NetBackup OpsCenter
- Configuring Tape Storage and Media
- NetBackup storage concepts
- Configuring tape devices
- Configuring media
- Verifying tape storage
- Configuring Disk Storage
- Basic NetBackup storage
- Configuring basic NetBackup disk storage
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Verifying disk storage
- Additional NetBackup storage concepts
- Configuring File System Backups
- Introduction to backup policies
- Configuring file system backup policies
- Performing File System Backups and Restores
- Performing manual backup operations
- Performing restore operations
- Backup and restore job tips
- Protecting Backup Data
- Backup duplication concepts
- Using Storage Lifecycle Policies
- Introduction to Auto Image Replication
- Introduction to NetBackup Vault
- Protecting the NetBackup Configuration
- Introduction to NetBackup catalogs
- Managing images
- Performing catalog backup and recovery operations
- Disaster recovery strategies
- Catalog-related tips
- Monitoring NetBackup
- Monitoring NetBackup jobs
- Monitoring NetBackup activity
- Managing jobs
- Monitoring NetBackup health
- Managing and Optimizing Tape Storage
- Managing robots and tape drives
- Managing shared tape devices
- Monitoring media and media states
- Managing tapes and media utilization
- Media- and device-related tips
- Managing and Optimizing Disk Storage
- Comparing disk storage features
- Managing basic disk and DSSU
- Managing AdvancedDisk and disk pools
- Disk-related tips
- Optimizing File System Backups
- File system backup concepts
- Using incremental backups
- Introduction to file system snapshots
- Using multiple data streams
- Optimizing tape drive performance using multiplexing
- Using synthetic backups
- Using FlashBackup
- Introduction to Enterprise Backups
- Application protection concepts
- Database backup concepts
- Enterprise application backup concepts
- Virtual machine protection concepts
- Working with Support
- Support resources
- NetBackup processes, services, and daemons
- Using the nbcplogs utility
- Configuring NetBackup debug logging levels
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top