Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.X: Maintain and Troubleshoot
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x: Maintain and Troubleshooting course is designed for the IT security management professional tasked with troubleshooting Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x.
Students learn how to troubleshoot and upgrade to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.x and how to monitor and troubleshoot the SEPM, client-to-SEPM communication, content distribution, client deployments, and protection technologies.
The class also covers how to follow Symantec best practices for troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak and performing advanced monitoring using IT Analytics.
- » This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the troubleshooting, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
Back to Top
- » By the completion of this course, you w ill be able to:
- » Monitor client-to-SEPM communication.
- » Maintain a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- » Upgrade the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- » Monitor and troubleshoot a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- » Monitor and troubleshoot SEPM and client content delivery.
- » Monitor and troubleshoot protection technologies.
- » Use best practices when troubleshooting and remediating a virus outbreak.
- » Use IT Analytics to generate comprehensive reports from Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Back to Top
- Course overview
- The classroom lab environment
- Troubleshooting Techniques and Tools
- Use a systematic approach for problem solving.
- Describe Symantec and third-party troubleshooting tools and how they are used.
- Know which SEPM and SEP client logs to research when troubleshooting specific issues.
- Use the Symantec Knowledge Base and interact with Symantec Technical Support.
- SEPM Console Troubleshooting
- Identify critical SEP 12.x services and processes.
- Troubleshoot authentication issues.
- Troubleshoot the embedded and SQL database connection and configuration.
- Troubleshoot Installation and Migration Issues
- Describe how data is transferred during replication and know which replication logs are affected.
- Troubleshoot a new SEPM SEP 12.x installation.
- Describe how to upgrade the SEPM.
- Ensure a successful SEPM upgrade.
- Upgrade Windows clients and troubleshoot the deployment.
- Ensure Mac compatibility and troubleshoot upgrading Mac clients.
- Install and troubleshoot Linux client installations.
- Troubleshooting Client Communication Issues
- Identify the interactions between the client and the SEPM.
- Identify heartbeat process.
- Locate and configure debug logs for client communication issues.
- Describe communications issues from the client perspective.
- Describe the tools and methods to repair communication problems.
- Identify Linux and Mac communication issues.
- Content Distribution Issues
- Determine which LiveUpdate source works best for your organization.
- Examine how the SEPM connects to LiveUpdate and downloads content.
- Examine LiveUpdate logs.
- Manage LIveUpdate for SEP 12.x clients.
- Describe Symantec best practices for managing and monitoring GUPs, and describe the use the Symantec Endpoint Protection Content Distribution Monitor.
- Identify and examine critical SEPM reports for use during a malware outbreak.
- Introducing IT Analytics
- Creating reports using IT Analytics.
- Incident Handling
- Life of an outbreak.
- Handling false positives.
- Identifying false positives.
- Performance Issues
- Assess SEP performance using sizing and scalability recommendations.
- Optimize performance for the SEPM.
- Optimize performance for the SEP client.
- Utilities and other resources.
- Case studies.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top