The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principals and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
This course uses Visual Studio 2012, running on Windows 8.
- » Students choosing to attend this course without a developer background should pay special attention to the training prerequisites. Developers who have more than 5 years programming experience may find that portions of this training are fundamental in nature when presenting the syntax associated with certain programming tasks.
Back to Top
- » Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- » Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- » Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- » Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- » Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- » Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- » Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- » Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- » Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- » Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- » Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
- Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
- Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Introduction to jQuery
- Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
- Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
- Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
- Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
- Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
- Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
- Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
- Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
- Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
- Module 12: Animating the User Interface
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
- Lab : Animating User Interface Elements--Applying Transitions to User Interface Elements
- Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
- Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
Back to Top
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
For any reason, you can attend the same class again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for optional travel. If the courseware has changed, purchasing the latest course materials is recommended. CAP would not apply if the class you want to re-attend is for a different certification or updated version.
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Back to Top