20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (R2 Update) Course Description
Duration: 5 days (40 hours)
The course is part three, of a series of three courses, which provides hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 services. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the three courses this course will primarily cover advanced configuration and services tasks necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 70412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Note: Labs in this course are based on the General Availability release of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Intended Audience for this 20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (R2 Update) Course
» This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment.
Do you have the right background for 20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (R2 Update)?
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Benefit of taking this training at NetCom Learning
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Training at NetCom Learning?
See the training value proposition below:
Why Microsoft - Technical Training at NetCom?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). CPLS is the premier training channel and delivery mechanism for Microsoft training content. NetCom was honored by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Partner of the Year for Learning Solutions. Selected as the Number One CPLS from over 1400 worldwide CPLSs, Microsoft recognized our commitment and ability to deliver high-quality learning services using a consultative engagement model.
Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions Value Proposition:
Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions
Non-authorized Training Center
Only MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainers) are authorized to teach the class
Non MCT can teach the course
Taught using Microsoft Authorized Courseware (MOC), includes free evaluation software and online training
Do not have access to official courseware
Partners adhere to stringent Microsoft designated lab requirements
Computer and lab equipment may not be up to requirements of course
Successful candidates are awarded Certificate of Completion directly from Microsoft for most of the courses
Not authorized to issue Certificate of Completion
Software Assurance Vouchers can only be redeemed at a CPLS
Cannot redeem Software Assurance Vouchers from Microsoft
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
For any reason, you can attend the same class again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for optional travel. If the courseware has changed, purchasing the latest course materials is recommended. CAP would not apply if the class you want to re-attend is for a different certification or updated version.
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark; - Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000. - Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst) - Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master. - Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences - In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI. - Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications. - Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio�s skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications. - Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006. - Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning�s classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Designs and architects Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s. - Hands-on experience in multiple Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV since 2004. - Taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning.
Ignacio is a Senior Solutions Architect, Civil Engineer and Certified Expert Trainer. He has been designing and architecting Microsoft IT solutions since the early 1990s, and has extensive experience developing scalable and high performance integration solutions. In 2004, Ignacio expanded into business management and accounting software as well, where he gained hands-on experience in many Microsoft Dynamics products including CRM, GP, SL, AX and NAV.
Ignacio holds a library of industry-wide certifications from Microsoft and other leading IT vendors. He has taught over 250 courses at NetCom Learning and is revered by students for his wide-ranging IT expertise.
J Tom K.
- Software Developer and sought-after Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 30 years of hands-on experience. - Expert in Microsoft technologies: .NET Framework, C#, VB .NET, ASP .NET, XML Web Services, ADO .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint Portal Server, Content Management Server, Commerce Server, BizTalk, MSMQ, COM+, COM Migration to .NET and PocketPC development. - Extremely knowledgeable and rated as excellent by NetCom Learning students.
Tom Kinser is an accomplished Software Developer and sought-after Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Tom is also an expert in successfully designing software, managing and training programmers for over 30 years.
Tom specializes in helping businesses, enterprises, and government agencies apply current technologies to solve their unique business problems. He accomplishes this via hands-on training in cutting-edge programming and database design techniques. Tom consistently delivers successful training engagements in both classroom and live-online settings and is rated as excellent by NetCom Learning students.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft. - Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us. - Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. - An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses. - High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- NY State Certified instructor since 1998. - Highly-skilled A+ and Network+ instructor; consistently scoring 9/9 on evaluation scores. - Acclaimed by students to be a very knowledgeable and hands-on instructor, while mixing personal and professional experiences with training.
Owen has a NY State instructor license since 1998 and has been working in the industry since then. He is a Subject Matter Expert in A+ and Network+, consistently scoring 9/ 9 on student evaluation scores.
Owen brings real life situations into the classroom to help students better understand how the technology is being used and how to resolve issues. He is very acclaimed by his students for his knowledge and teaching techniques.
Dec 19 2014
I really liked the layout of student learning website. It was easy to access labs, books and other materials. I also had a great teacher which was another benefit.
Jared Ardis Course(s) Taken