20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (R2 Update)
Microsoft On- Demand Course Free! Offer expires April 30, 2016
Back to Top
The course is part three, of a series of three courses, which provides hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 services. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the three courses this course will primarily cover advanced configuration and services tasks necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 70412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.
Note: Labs in this course are based on the General Availability release of Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
Download Free White Paper | What's New in Server 2012 R2
- » This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment.
Back to Top
- » Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- » Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- » Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- » Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- » Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- » Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- » Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- » Implement an AD FS deployment.
- » Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- » Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- » Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- » Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- » Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- » Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
- Lab : Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
- Lab : Implementing Advanced File Services
- Lab : Implementing BranchCache
- Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Lab : Implementing Secure Data Access
- Module 4: Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
- Lab : Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Module 5: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Module 6: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
- Lab : Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
- Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Lab : Implementing AD RMS
- Module 8: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
- Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Lab : Implementing AD FS for External Partners and Users
- Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
- Lab : Implementing NLB
- Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Failover Clustering Overview
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
- Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
- Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
- Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Module 12: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Data Protection Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Lab : Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
Back to Top
- » 70-412 : Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
For any reason, you can attend the same class again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for optional travel. If the courseware has changed, purchasing the latest course materials is recommended. CAP would not apply if the class you want to re-attend is for a different certification or updated version.
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Back to Top
As a Microsoft Gold Learning Solutions Partner, NetCom Learning proudly accepts Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers. You can attend Microsoft training at NetCom Learning for free, by redeeming your Microsoft vouchers.
Call 1-(888)-563-8266 for more information.
Back to Top